Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Retirement Village package plus Xtraview and Decoder Insurance
Old 2016-04-10 , 16:06
Changes remote batteries daily

Default Retirement Village package plus Xtraview and Decoder Insurance

I am now looking at the our Retirement Village DSTV package. How do I retain Xtraview (and PVR functionality) together with this package. I understand that the package amount is paid via the Village. Do I pay the Xtraview and decoder Insurance via my own DSTV account?
Old 2016-04-11 , 08:13
MultiChoice

Hi there, I am finding out the details for you.
Old 2016-04-11 , 11:31
MultiChoice

Hi again Elizabeth. Chatted to our Commercial Manager.

Retirement villages can now subscribe to PVR functionality excluding BoxOffice and Catch Up at a cost of R85 (so essentially the Access Fee) . XtraView is not available to retirement villages but tenants can subscribe to a second viewing option at the same cost as that of the existing retirement village subscription.

Tenants can inquire with their managing agent or governing body on the terms and conditions and whether the retirement village have the options available at the respective village.
Old 2016-04-11 , 12:19
Technical Myriad

Visited someone in a retirement village last week.

It turns out that there is plenty of unhappiness in these places. In this particular one, owners have been told that they cannot use their PVR decoders under any circumstances, that ONLY the decoder approved for use by the "management" are allowed (currently the 1131) and XV is not possible. Neither are they allowed to get a second decoder on a second subscription.

Frankly, as we have discussed many times on this forum, the whole business of discount packages for pensioners is in serious need of an overhaul.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2016-04-11 , 12:51
MultiChoice

@GeoffD - there is a plan to completely revamp the commercial packages this year, which will include the offering to retirement villages. So this is definitely on our radar.
Old 2016-04-11 , 13:42
Technical Myriad

Looking forward to developments....

Must say, one is a productive citizen one day then you "retire" and choose to move into a "village" and miraculously, you turn into a moron, unable to think for yourself and get treated like a bunch of kindergarden kids .....

says something of Society in general ....
I am not going to fall for that sort of rubbish ...
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2016-04-11 , 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Hi again Elizabeth. Chatted to our Commercial Manager.

Retirement villages can now subscribe to PVR functionality excluding BoxOffice and Catch Up at a cost of R85 (so essentially the Access Fee) . XtraView is not available to retirement villages but tenants can subscribe to a second viewing option at the same cost as that of the existing retirement village subscription.

Tenants can inquire with their managing agent or governing body on the terms and conditions and whether the retirement village have the options available at the respective village.
There are only 4 people on the Seniors package at our village and there is so far only one person that has just signed up for this who originally had a PVR functionality and Xtraview. Our manager found out that PVRs will not work on the package but this information came directly from Multichoice not from the Village managment. So it makes you think that again Multichoice do not want to give pensioners any sort of privilege no matter which way they turn.
Old 2016-04-11 , 15:50
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
...but this information came directly from Multichoice...
Marietjie's info came from the top, sounds like the person your manager contacted is just not up to speed with developments.

Hope this all works out reasonably for you after all your efforts to find solutions. Does the package at least include M-Net?
Old 2016-04-11 , 16:09
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
There are only 4 people on the Seniors package at our village and there is so far only one person that has just signed up for this who originally had a PVR functionality and Xtraview. Our manager found out that PVRs will not work on the package but this information came directly from Multichoice not from the Village managment. So it makes you think that again Multichoice do not want to give pensioners any sort of privilege no matter which way they turn.
@Elizabeth - if you give me the details of the estate manager or the name of the estate, i can get the senior guy in touch with them to sort this out.
Old 2016-04-12 , 01:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
@GeoffD - there is a plan to completely revamp the commercial packages this year, which will include the offering to retirement villages. So this is definitely on our radar.
Would be nice to see something for the loyal customers. My folks have had MNet since 1989 and DStv Premium since 1999. Never missed a payment. Just another number at the moment.
Look what they made, they made it for me, happy technology.