View Poll Results: Do you miss the Forum King?
Yes! My heart feels incomplete when the Forum King is not on the forum 1 8.33%
Yes! I think he should make more effort to be here - I don't care if he's busy 5 41.67%
No! Who is the Forum King anyway? 8 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
Reply  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2441  
Old 2016-08-18 , 15:02
Linoman Linoman is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gordons Bay
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
That is my correct age, but I can't refer to you as "Sir", as Beetle Bailey never made it beyond Private, so wouldn't warrant the title.
Hello fellow Cape person
__________________
Explora (Primary); Explora (Secondary); Explora 2 (Tertiary) Smart LNB (LMX501); Drifta and Showmax
Reply With Quote
  #2442  
Old 2016-08-18 , 17:11
beetle bailey's Avatar
beetle bailey beetle bailey is offline
4K, baby!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brackenfell, Western Cape
Posts: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
That is my correct age, but I can't refer to you as "Sir", as Beetle Bailey never made it beyond Private, so wouldn't warrant the title.
Cannot argue against that. Plain Beetle from now on which is what most here refer to me as. Don't know what they say under their breath though.

Without going into politics it seems as if it's not just some areas in the country that have been taken over by us Capetonians. THE LOUNGE HAS BEEN CAPTURED!!

Could Optimist be to blame for this takeover? He's gone "missing in action" for awhile now. As for that Frosty bloke the least said of him the better.
__________________
Explora (Primary) and 2P HD Decoder (Secondary); Twin LNB; Samsung HT-J5550 Home Theatre System, Sony KLV-32S400A tv and Sony KLV-22Bx320 tv.

Last edited by beetle bailey; 2016-08-18 at 17:14. .
Reply With Quote
  #2443  
Old 2016-08-18 , 17:17
Forum King's Avatar
Forum King Forum King is offline
All Hail FrostyD, Forum king!!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,033
Sir Beetle Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
THE LOUNGE HAS BEEN CAPTURED!!
Reply With Quote
  #2444  
Old 2016-08-18 , 17:19
Forum King's Avatar
Forum King Forum King is offline
All Hail FrostyD, Forum king!!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Could Optimist be to blame for this takeover? He's gone "missing in action" for awhile now. As for that Frosty bloke the least said of him the better.
Sir Beetle Bailey

You have been the president for the Last 2 Years so you captured it from your self
Reply With Quote
  #2445  
Old 2016-08-18 , 22:30
Optimist's Avatar
Optimist Optimist is offline
Changes remote batteries hourly
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: N/E JHB , Orig. Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,804
Nicely put Mr. King, it's clearly all Beetle's fault any way you look at it

@Linoman, please see the lounge rules (link is in post #1) - we're not allowed to discuss MC product and service concerns here, there's the whole rest of the forum to do it in. Also, no politics, religion or other sensitive stuff like that.
Just about anything else is welcomed by the Mods. Beetle never remembers how it works of course, even though he's president
Reply With Quote
  #2446  
Old 2016-08-19 , 15:49
Linoman Linoman is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gordons Bay
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Nicely put Mr. King, it's clearly all Beetle's fault any way you look at it

@Linoman, please see the lounge rules (link is in post #1) - we're not allowed to discuss MC product and service concerns here, there's the whole rest of the forum to do it in. Also, no politics, religion or other sensitive stuff like that.
Just about anything else is welcomed by the Mods. Beetle never remembers how it works of course, even though he's president
Ah thank you my good sir

I'll be honest that rule sliped my mind
__________________
Explora (Primary); Explora (Secondary); Explora 2 (Tertiary) Smart LNB (LMX501); Drifta and Showmax
Reply With Quote
  #2447  
Old 2016-08-19 , 16:04
Linoman Linoman is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gordons Bay
Posts: 123
Not sure if there are any Stairway to Heaven Fans here? This has to be the best tribute I have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxOaDeJmXk
__________________
Explora (Primary); Explora (Secondary); Explora 2 (Tertiary) Smart LNB (LMX501); Drifta and Showmax
Reply With Quote
  #2448  
Old 2016-08-19 , 16:22
Citanul's Avatar
Citanul Citanul is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 2,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoman View Post
Not sure if there are any Stairway to Heaven Fans here? This has to be the best tribute I have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxOaDeJmXk
I clicked on that link thinking that if it wasn't the Heart version then I'd have to raise a serious objection. Glad to see I didn't have to.
__________________
DStv Series Start Dates - http://alturl.com/yaujr
Reply With Quote
  #2449  
Old 2016-08-19 , 18:32
beetle bailey's Avatar
beetle bailey beetle bailey is offline
4K, baby!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brackenfell, Western Cape
Posts: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
I clicked on that link thinking that if it wasn't the Heart version then I'd have to raise a serious objection. Glad to see I didn't have to.
Thanks for the link. Fairly decent cover version but I prefer the original.

Ann and Nancy Wilson? Awhile ago there was a group whose name escapes me but had the daughter's of one, or more, of the Beach Boys in it. Anyone know if these are those two daughters?
__________________
Explora (Primary) and 2P HD Decoder (Secondary); Twin LNB; Samsung HT-J5550 Home Theatre System, Sony KLV-32S400A tv and Sony KLV-22Bx320 tv.
Reply With Quote
  #2450  
Old 2016-08-19 , 19:20
Citanul's Avatar
Citanul Citanul is offline
Changes remote batteries daily
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 2,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Thanks for the link. Fairly decent cover version but I prefer the original.
I agree. The original is one of the all-time great rock songs, but that's definitely a good version that I would say does it justice.

Quote:
Ann and Nancy Wilson? Awhile ago there was a group whose name escapes me but had the daughter's of one, or more, of the Beach Boys in it. Anyone know if these are those two daughters?
Different Wilsons - the group you're thinking of is Wilson Phillips, who consisted of the daughters of Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys and the daughter of John and Michelle Phillips of The Mamas and the Papas.

Ann and Nancy Wilson (along with various other members over the years) make up Heart, who have been around since the 70s.
__________________
DStv Series Start Dates - http://alturl.com/yaujr

Last edited by Citanul; 2016-08-19 at 19:46. .
Reply With Quote
Reply  
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads  | You may not post replies  | You may not post attachments  | You may not edit your posts
BB code is On  | Smilies are On  | [IMG] code is On  | HTML code is Off
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Lounge Thread" Part 2 Forum King General 547 2014-05-13 08:15
"The Lounge" Thread Optimist General 1002 2014-01-10 08:02
Rules for "The Lounge" thread Optimist General 4 2013-08-21 12:37
Forum lounge Optimist General 4 2013-05-03 14:16