Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Boxing Broadcasting up to standard eeerrrrr not always
Old 2014-01-06 , 16:40
Still gets up to change channels

Default Boxing Broadcasting up to standard eeerrrrr not always

Firstly the fact is football, Cricket and Rugby are the most dominating sports in terms of viewers in this country and recently SS received the rights to broadcast NFL,NHL and NBA sporting franchises, which is great for those who are interested in something different. In my opinion SS delivered a C+/B average on boxing bouts for 2013, yet comparing SS boxing schedule to the giant SKYSPORT (UK) it just doesn't reach that level yet. SKYSPORT has a division called BOXNATION which schedule is updated weeks, even months before a fight is due, yes SS do broadcast most UK based fights and high numbered US PPV bouts but there are a lot more which can be shown. The weekend of the 7th (Dec) more action was missed (Judah vs Malignaggi, Trout-Lara) and the 14th as well (Maidana vs Broner) in October (Cotto vs Rodriquez) in March (Bradley vs Provodnikov) and the list goes on, yet (Bradley vs Marquez, Provodnikov vs Alvarado, Canelo vs Trout, Broner vs Malignaggi) were all broadcasted this year...

Looking at the pattern certain fighters fights will be shown! their next fights wont be! and then the one after the next will probably be
Now my question is who decides what to show when and where and is it all about the anticipation and the viewer numbers on the other side of the ocean which draws SS interest in broadcasting???

When fights aren't shown on Supersport I have to stream it online through SKYSPORT which isn't really a problem but why should I watch on my laptop @ 4-5am on a Sunday morning when I can lay in bed and watch it on tv cause at the end of the day Im paying R695 for dstv
Old 2014-01-26 , 18:09
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

+1, they are being cheap and frugal with our hard earned cash. Its starting to annoy me,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 2014-01-26 , 20:52
Still gets up to change channels

well 2014 started off weakwith the channel of champshit this mornings bout between Lamont Peterson and Dierry Jean wasn't broadcasted either