Forum > Customer service > Customer service > DStv PREMIUM CUSTOMERS GET SHOWMAX AT NO CHARGE
Old 2017-09-13 , 19:29
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Even the my other TV Samsung F5500

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 2017-09-13 , 21:03
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
For those who have the Explora active against Showmax, please try to start 2 concurrent streams from other devices. It seems that even though it shows as active, you will still be able to start 2 other streams.

The guys are looking into why this is happening.
Hi, interesting, when I played 2 streams on 2 other devices at the same time it removed the active status from my explora. I stopped playback on the 2 devices and now nothing is showing as active - as it should be.

So everything is working fine, seems like it's just a bug with the explora but nothing to worry about since playing content on other devices seems to refresh the "active" status of the explora. Either that or by playing content on the 2 other devices it forces the original active device to stop playback.

(I have not tried playing content on the explora again to see if the active status gets stuck again or if it was just a one time thing).

Thanks
Old 2017-09-14 , 14:11
Still gets up to change channels

Private messages to MC Solomon give "MC Solomon has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Anyone else we can query about how to get rid of the "need a debit order" issue?
Old 2017-09-14 , 15:06
MultiChoice

Pls send a message to MC Kenneth with a link to this thread - he can escalate for you.
Old 2017-09-14 , 16:38

Very easy to set up, had it working in under 5 mins and streams to TV easily via an Apple TV3

However, the adverts that pop up are annoying. Start a movie and some "I earned $1500 in one day" pops up. Close that and "Use our VPN" appears a few mins later.

15 mins of this and I shut it off
Old 2017-09-14 , 21:37

So now i am wondering:

1. Why cant you resume from where you have left off
2. Why are there no subtitles, i was watching Banshee S01E01 on showmax.com and it has subtitles but on my Explora nothing

Showmax is not a new thing, its just that most of us are new to it. In all this time what really have been the engineers doing?
Old 2017-09-15 , 07:16
Knows how to use a remote

I have activated my Showmax account without any issues. After finding that the Explora does not support the personalized features of the app, like Watchlist, I switched to my Apple TV 4, but for some reason I don't get the option to stream in HD. Is there a summary table of all the available options to watch Showmax, and which features each one supports?

Now that DStv and Showmax are one company, perhaps it's time for a dedicated Showmax section in the forum.
Old 2017-09-15 , 08:09
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceA View Post
Is there a summary table of all the available options to watch Showmax, and which features each one supports?

Now that DStv and Showmax are one company, perhaps it's time for a dedicated Showmax section in the forum.
Some of this was already asked, and all answered earlier in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
...no, alas a bit early to add them into this Forum, so continue to direct your queries about their service to them.
Old 2017-09-15 , 20:27

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ONE MUST DO TO WARRANT ANSWERS BUT CAN SOMEONE ASSIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
The Showmax app is making my Samsung K6300 freeze
Quote:
Even the my other TV Samsung F5500
Quote:
1. Why cant you resume from where you have left off
2. Why are there no subtitles, i was watching Banshee S01E01 on showmax.com and it has subtitles but on my Explora nothing
Old 2017-09-15 , 20:32
Changes remote batteries daily

Uhm. Have you tried contacting Showmax directly

Explora