Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Can't link smartcard to DSTV connect account
Old 2017-09-11 , 16:52
Still listens to the wireless

Default Can't link smartcard to DSTV connect account

Hi there,

I wish to add my smartcard number to my DSTV connect account to make use of the free Showmax subscription along with my premium subscription.

I originally had my fathers smartcard number linked to my profile as I created one back in the day when I still lived with my parents.

However, I now have my own decoder, so I removed his smart card number and tried adding mine which didn't work.

I also tried it via my customer number, but it doesn't accept that either. Sigh...can someone please help me link my smartcard number to my account? Or what can I do?

Regards
Old 2017-09-11 , 16:57
MultiChoice

Have you tried rather creating a new DStv log in using your name, ID number - this will then be linked against your account. See if you can do that. If not, then you can send a PM to MC Solomon or MC Grace to get help with editing the current ones.
Old 2017-09-11 , 16:58
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperman View Post
...linked to my profile as I created one back in the day when I still lived with my parents.
I'm surprised that original profile still works at all, the whole system changed.

If you need to send all your associated details and contact number to MC Solomon by PM, click here
Old 2017-09-11 , 17:09
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Have you tried rather creating a new DStv log in using your name, ID number - this will then be linked against your account. See if you can do that. If not, then you can send a PM to MC Solomon or MC Grace to get help with editing the current ones.
Thanks for the reply.

The thing is, when I try to create a new account, it picks up my current DSTV connect account. My father's customer number is linked to it. So I removed his smartcard number and tried adding my own.

If I could just remove my ID number that is associated with the account I'm trying to log in to, I can make a new one, but there appears to be NO way that I can edit or remove my ID from the current DSTV connect account. I know this all sounds very confusing, so I'll just PM MC Solomon so long

Regards