Forum > Customer service > Customer service > More holiday home frustrations
Old 2017-08-18 , 22:52
Still listens to the wireless

Default More holiday home frustrations

I am once again completely frustrated by the holiday home setup. The guest in my holiday home informed me that her DSTV service was giving an error. I went online and saw that there was an outstanding balance on the Holiday Home account. The only way to pay the holiday home account is to put money into the main residential account and then transfer that money into the holiday home account. I wanted to make a credit card payment (it was a Sunday and I wanted service restored immediately, therefore could not pay by EFT, which would only clear at best on Monday), but the system does not allow you to make a one-off payment via Credit Card if there is no outstanding balance on the main residential account. What a shambles!

Another thing that confuses me is something that the call centre consultant said: "You need to have a residential account with active services in order to for you to reconnect the holiday account." I thought the whole point of having a holiday home account is so that you can disconnect your main account when you go on holiday, and activate the holiday home. So could you explain what the call centre consultant was trying to tell me?
Old 2017-08-28 , 11:30
Technical Myriad

NO answer MC?
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-08-28 , 11:44
MultiChoice

Will nudge MC Solomon to come and respond.
Old 2017-08-28 , 15:45
Knows how to use a remote

We are investigating this and we will revert with an update
Old 2017-08-29 , 12:48

It is not possible to pay funds directly into the Holiday Home account. You have to pay into other accounts such as the residential account and the inter-account transfer to move the funds into the holiday home account.
When making the payment into the residential account, the business rules applicable will apply and and that's depend on the status of your account. This is why you were not able to make the credit card payment without having an outstanding amount. Debit Order paying customers have the benefit of not being required to make the payment before activating the holiday home account. The charges are included in the debit order.
What the Call-Centre agent mentioned is only applicable to holiday switching which is moving services from the residential account to the holiday account. For this to happen, you need to have active services in the residential account. However, when you activate the holiday decoder alone, you do not need to have the residential account active. We have also looked at your account and all seems to be in order.
Old 2017-08-29 , 13:40
Still listens to the wireless

You have simply repeated what I have already stated. The point I am trying to make, is that it is simply a bad system, and you should look into improving it. WHY is the payment method important? WHY can I pay by EFT when the outstanding balance is zero, yet I cannot pay by credit card when the balance is zero? This inconsistency makes no sense. And since Multichoice is a technology company, you'd think you could deal with such issues of technology. Why can't you get your techies to solve the problem, ie, to allow a once-off credit card payment to be made into the main residential account, EVEN WHEN the outstanding balance on the main residential account is zero. Or, have your techies allow a once-off credit card payment to be made directly into the Holiday Home Account when there is an outstanding balance on this account. Either solution would work. What I'm saying is: there is a problem in how your systems work. Don't simply say: This is how it works. Rather acknowledge the problem, and work towards solving it!!
Old 2017-08-30 , 09:13

This is something that we are fully aware of and apart from the fact that we are working towards a solution, we are also working on giving customers more payment options such as instant EFT which reflects immediately and others.