Forum > Content > Sport > SuperSport scores major UEFA Euro football rights across Sub-Saharan Africa
Old 2017-06-22 , 20:59
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Nah, it was only one overflow channel most of the time and the few amount of hours broadcast doesn't count enough to make it real channel(s)
True - but that is most likely going to be the case with SS11 & SS12 as well - they are both listed as overflow channels. Either way - I prefer the new setup.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-06-22 , 21:02
Changes remote batteries hourly

Aah, missed that detail.
Old 2017-06-24 , 23:18
Knows how to use a remote

I've done my fair share of complaining over things like no Euro (international) football, the loss of rights for things like the Superbowl and some top boxing fights, WTA tennis... but I also sometimes take a step back and remember how fortunate we actually are when it comes to Supersport's offerings.

In the UK (speaking from experience), Sky Sports doesn't have anything like this array of channels. And over time there, apart from 3pm Sat EFL games not being broadcast (long-standing tradition/rule to encourage live attendance), some of the rights split off to new arrivals like Setanta and later BT. So you'd have to subscribe to more than operator and still end up with less than we get here.

I'd say we're only falling behind when it comes to US sports, so depending on how important those are to someone, we have it pretty good here.
Old 2017-06-25 , 10:34
Changes remote batteries hourly

Agreed Ryan, some of us have been saying that for years.
The problem is that SS and M-Net have been spoiling us for ages, now with the economic avalanches and the change of TV viewers' majority desires over the last couple of years they've had to shift priorities.

IMO the problem in this country is the shortfall of group population totals for "less" desirable content, it's so different in the UK where there's more consistency of interest and in the States where there's a huge population. So some sport is unlikely to be of business interest even as some sort of add on, or to any TV competitor here either
Old 2017-06-25 , 10:41
Knows how to use a remote

Agreed, I'd hope eventually internet services will fill these niche gaps, it's something the internet is perfectly suited to, after all. I have an elderly acquaintance who would have paid a lot of money to watch the Superbowl, for example, and it's crazy that there wasn't a (legit) way for him to do so.
Old 2017-06-30 , 08:12
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Sandile View Post
In addition, there’s another jewel in the football crown with the all-new UEFA Nations League, a new competition to be contested by the national teams of the 55 member associations of UEFA, also signed by SuperSport.
Damn SS - It seems like I am really getting my money's worth when it comes to sports, just lately Blitz went HD and now this, I am going to get spoilt for choice hey

I never heard of the UEFA Nations League but as normal, Google is my friend - this is an excellent write up to know everything about the UEFA Nations League http://www.uefa.com/community/news/newsid=2079553.html
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2017-06-30 , 14:56
4K, baby!

Having looked at the schedule and when these games are going to be played makes me wonder just when the players are going to have a break? Games being played in June which is the "out of season" period. Then there's going to be the pre-season friendlies when sides go touring so that their supporters in far off countries can get to go watch their team live. This may now no longer take place. Then there are games scheduled during the season as well. This on top of an already heavy congested program.

For us armchair fans this is all good but I wonder how much of this is for the good of FOOTBALL and how much of it is for the accumulating of MONEY?

This is for CLUB sides not so and not referring to International games? If so then the schedule is even more heavy than I originally thought.

Does this tournament replace the existing Champions League and Eufa League tournaments? I would think that it must.