Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > EPG errors for ITV Choice (123)
Old 2017-06-15 , 01:18
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default EPG errors for ITV Choice (123)

Last week, there were a few major errors in the EPG for ITV Choice.

On Tuesday, 6 June, the EPG details for Grantchester indicated that it was to be series 3, episode 1. In fact, the new series only started, as advertised, on Tuesday, 13 June, and Tuesday, 6 June, saw a repeat of the one-off Christmas special. The plot synopsis for the first episode on 13 June was also wrong in some details, BTW.

On Friday, 9 June, the EPG episode number and description indicated that the programme at 20h00 would be the first episode of Paul O'Grady in India, which had already been shown on Tuesday, 6 June. Friday's episode was, in fact, the second of the two episodes.
Old 2017-07-04 , 19:34

Default Grantchester tonight (4 July)

The EPG indicates that tonight's episode of Grantchester at 20h00 on ITV Choice (123) will be series 3, episode 5, and the plot synopsis matches the details for this episode. However, the Christmas special was rebroadcast on June 6th, the new series proper started on June 13th, and so only three episodes of the new series have so far been aired, which means that either (1) the EPG is wrong, or (2) the wrong episode will be aired tonight.
Old 2017-07-17 , 06:21

Just to update my previous in this thread, the problem is with the EPG listings; not the episodes broadcast: the latter are correct, but the EPG episode number and description has been one episode ahead - i. e., wrong - both of the last two weeks.
Old 2017-07-17 , 11:50
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
The EPG indicates that tonight's episode of Grantchester at 20h00 on ITV Choice (123) will be series 3, episode 5, and the plot synopsis matches the details for this episode. However, the Christmas special was rebroadcast on June 6th, the new series proper started on June 13th, and so only three episodes of the new series have so far been aired, which means that either (1) the EPG is wrong, or (2) the wrong episode will be aired tonight.
Hi, Terrence,

Unfortunately, the information was incorrectly mapped on the EPG. We’ve asked for an amended schedule and will advise if there are any further repeats schedules. We apologise sincerely for this error and strive to avoid these sort of errors happening.

We've also asked the channel if there's any possibility of these shows being repeated.
Old 2017-07-17 , 12:37
Lurks quietly in the background, and changes remote batteries daily

The synopsis for Coronation Street is horribly wrong & Emmerdale just does not exsist?
Old 2017-09-22 , 10:52

Default Shetland EPG errors

ITV Choice is currently rebroadcasting a series of Shetland, with a first showing around 21h00 on Tuesdays. Unfortunately, the EPG details appear to be wrong: the series being shown is the six-part 2016 one, following a single story beginning with a young man who goes missing from a ferry; however, the EPG descriptions are for earlier episodes.

The confusion may have arisen due to a discrepancy in numeration. Some number the 2016 six-part series as the third series, regarding the first two-part story, "Red Bones" from 2013, as Series 1, and Series 2 as consisting of the next three two-part stories, "Raven Black", "Dead Water", and "Blue Lightning" from 2014). Others, however, number the four two-part stories from 2013 and 2014 as Series 1, and the 2016 six-parter as Series 2.
Old 2017-09-22 , 11:14

Hello

Thanks for reporting this issue, we'll escalate to ITV immediately for feedback.
Old 2017-09-28 , 10:11

Hello

Here is the response from ITV:
"The series we are showing is the 2016 six-parter according to the viewer, which the story was about DI Perez's investigation into the disappearance of a young man on a ferry. EPG has been checked and we can confirm that the series being shown and episodic synopsis are consistent.

For your reference, the four two-part stories: ''Red Bones'', ''Raven Black'', ''Dead Water'' and ''Blue Lightning'' were numbered as series 1, and the 2016 six-parter was the series 2 of Shetland in our channel. Thank you."