Forum > Discussions > Discussions > Blade Runner 2049!
Old 2017-10-07 , 00:48
4K, baby!

Default 5-stars for sure!

Just got home. Still absolutely gob-smacked!
BR 2049 is a fantastically thought provoking story; it's a visual delight, with a wonderful cast of top-rate actors.
I'm not telling any more and advise you to avoid all the reviews in tomorrow's media, whether you've seen the original, or not.
Best movie of the decade, possibly of the millennium!
Go see it in 3D on the biggest screen around, preferably IMAX. You won't regret it.
Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2017-10-07 at 00:50. .
Old 2017-10-11 , 09:15
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I watched BR2049 last night and in as much its a visual masterpiece... I think its more for the fans of the franchise me included.
Old 2017-10-11 , 09:16
Changes remote batteries daily

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.t...vie-roundtable

Movie info. And spoilers

Explora
Old 2017-10-11 , 13:38
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
I watched BR2049 last night and in as much its a visual masterpiece... I think its more for the fans of the franchise me included.
We went again yesterday afternoon and saw it in Cine Prestige, at Sandton, rather than IMAX at Eastgate, this time.

We both enjoyed it equally (possibly even more) on a second viewing. Not having pause and rewind 20 seconds - which we have become very accustomed to with all TV and streaming services, we were able to pick up on those couple of nuances we'd missed on first viewing.

The nearly 3-hours went past quickly, for a second time and we had a chance to really take in the beauty of the film making without always concentrating too hard on the dialogue.

Summary on ways to watch: The IMAX experience was a brighter, crisper affair with noticeably better sound quality, too. We chose row E, smack in the middle in double-seats. This position is ideal to take in the full Dolby Atmos audio experience.

In Prestige, we chose the double-seats in the middle of row B. again this is optimal in the much smaller cinema. The excellent seating comfort of the reclining leather sofas and additional surrounding space on offer, makes the Prestige experience well worth the extra cost over a regular cinema.

But for pure visual and audio enjoyment, IMAX still takes first prize.

Cheers, K.
Old 2017-10-13 , 11:29
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Not sure if anyone "up north" is interested but this morning's Times newspaper has an advertisement in it advising that the movie Blade Runner will be screened on Sunday at The Bioscope. Don't take my word for it though and IF anyone plans on going please do some research beforehand.

I don't know if you need to be a member of some sort of Film Society in order to attend or if anyone is able to go view the film.
Old 2017-10-14 , 08:21
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
......this morning's Times newspaper has an advertisement in it advising that the movie Blade Runner will be screened on Sunday at The Bioscope......
Thanks for the heads-up BB
For anyone who has not watched it recently, "the Final Cut" is the definitive version, as endorsed by Ridley Scott.

https://www.thebioscope.co.za/2017/10/09/blade-runner/

Cheers, K.
Old 2017-10-14 , 09:15
Changes remote batteries hourly

For those waiting to see (a version of) the original Blade Runner on a DStv channel, I've got an unmentionable website that will be keeping an eye out for it and I will then post the scheduling here.

(Note - when it works (90% of the time) that has same-day early morning alerts only, so an email subscription to this thread will likely help you to see it sooner.)
Old 2017-10-18 , 14:37
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
For those waiting to see (a version of) the original Blade Runner on a DStv channel, I've got an unmentionable website that will be keeping an eye out for it and I will then post the scheduling here.

(Note - when it works (90% of the time) that has same-day early morning alerts only, so an email subscription to this thread will likely help you to see it sooner.)
Intriguing. But let us know when, or if, they advise you regarding the screening of the original Blade Runner and how we can get to watch it. Please.
"An email subscription to this thread will likely help you to see it sooner?" Dumb dumb here doesn't quite follow what this means, or rather, how he can do this?
Old 2017-10-18 , 14:52
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Intriguing. But let us know when, or if, they advise you regarding the screening of the original Blade Runner and how we can get to watch it. Please.
It's that straightforward, they just automatically examine the online guide and advise of anything matching the searchers I've set up with them.

It's just kept quiet as MC have contractual involvements with the guides that mean they can't approve of others manipulating the info. (That's as best as I understand it.)

Quote:
"An email subscription to this thread will likely help you to see it sooner?" Dumb dumb here doesn't quite follow what this means, or rather, how he can do this?
Subscribe here and pick the email notification option (unless you're already subscribed without that option, then unsubscribe first and then re-subscribe);

Subscribing pic.jpg
Old 2017-10-18 , 15:22
Knows how to use a remote

Good news.

The original Blade Runner movie will be shown on the popup channel 109 - M movies Bucket List.
It will be on 22 November.

Johann