Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > English Premiership 2013-2014

Old 2014-02-26 , 17:22
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Chris, the last I checked SAF is still alive so grammatically speaking it should say "SAF is Scot not was Scot
Crickey, suddenly everyone is an English teacher
Old 2014-02-27 , 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Crickey, suddenly everyone is an English teacher
You started it! Better talking about English grammar than ManU these days
Old 2014-02-27 , 10:04
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
You started it! Better talking about English grammar than ManU these days
Depends on which side of the fence one is sitting.
Old 2014-03-03 , 10:13

Chris, congratulations on a good win over the weekend beating Arsenal by 1 - 0. Surprise result of the weekend as far as I'm concerned.

Liverpool after taking the 1 - 0 lead against Southampton then had a tough time for most of the rest of the match having to defend, defend and defend. Final score of 3 - 0, although very pleasing to me, doesn't give the true picture of the game. From about the 20th to the 75th minute it was mostly Southampton running things with the occasional breakaway by Liverpool. Never gave us a hope of holding out but to the defence's credit they did. Good three points picked up.

At one time Manchester City were my bet to win the league and they still are but Chelsea are going to be giving them a good run for their money. Arsenal and Liverpool may be fighting it out for third spot with Spurs challenging for the fourth position. Everton, somehow, I don't think will stay in the running for a Champions League spot and could possibly be overtaken by manchester united.

Down at the bottom it looks like Fulham and Crystal Palace are doomed. Not sure at this time who will be going down with them. West Brom perhaps?
Old 2014-03-03 , 10:38
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Chris, congratulations on a good win over the weekend beating Arsenal by 1 - 0. Surprise result of the weekend as far as I'm concerned.
Arsenal simply did not turn up on the day. Stoke frequently our Achilles heal. Cheers, K.
Old 2014-03-03 , 18:01

Spoke to a fellow Potter friend of mine who was at the game, he was suprised at how poorly Arsenal played. In his words "Can't believe the Gunners gifted us 3 points".
BB, I think you probably mean that Fulham and Cardiff are doomed, I have a feeling Palace might just stay up, especially with a game in hand over the next 5 teams above them. Also surprised at how badly WBA are doing, they had pretty good outing last season.
Old 2014-03-03 , 21:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Spoke to a fellow Potter friend of mine who was at the game, he was suprised at how poorly Arsenal played. In his words "Can't believe the Gunners gifted us 3 points".
BB, I think you probably mean that Fulham and Cardiff are doomed, I have a feeling Palace might just stay up, especially with a game in hand over the next 5 teams above them. Also surprised at how badly WBA are doing, they had pretty good outing last season.
Quite correct yes. Cardiff and not Crystal Palace. Thanks for the correction.
Old 2014-03-04 , 11:34

What did Alan Pardew get himself into now???? He admitted to his head butt but he being a manager should know better
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2014-03-04 , 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
What did Alan Pardew get himself into now???? He admitted to his head butt but he being a manager should know better
At least he takes his frustrations out on the opposition and doesn't throw boots at his own players.
Old 2014-03-10 , 08:47

Good wins for MU & Chelsea over the weekend

Damn, Wigan really made the biggest shock of the season in the FA, they took off MC to reach the semi finals. MC playing at home, one would expect a good football lesson to be taught to Wigan, MC is very dominant at home. Last year's FA Cup final was not too bad because both these clubs were in the EPL but this time round, Wigan is in the 1st division but as we all know, cup games always tend to have these different outcomes
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P