Forum > Decoders > Standard Decoders > Static IP on explora 1 decoder
Old 2017-03-18 , 05:37
Still listens to the wireless

Question Static IP on explora 1 decoder

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to save a static IP address on my explora 1 decoder?
The only way I got my wifi connector working was to put statics on both the connector and the explora for extra view, however every time my explora is rebooted it goes back to dhcp.
It's a pain to have to enter the static IP's with mask and gateway, why doesn't the explora save this config?
Old 2017-03-18 , 10:10
Technical Myriad

This post is not n the correct forum. Please move it to the PVR decoder forum where someone who knows more about the Explora decoders may be able to help you.

However, There must be some issue with the manner in which your Internet router is configured that is causing this issue. So the real problem lies with the configuration of your LAN router not with the Explora.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-03-18 , 17:09
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Blue DSTV button. Go to settings / system settings / ethernet.
Change IP mode to manual, and enter settings (assuming this is what you have to do each time?)

Do you have a router, or a PC working as a server on the network at all? Some routers allow you to change the length of time a device will keep it's dynamic IP for. I'd suggest increasing this for the Explora to something like a week or two.

If you have a PC acting as a server, you can set up DHCP to assign a specific IP each time, to the Explora. Running mine like this.

Hopefully this will be of some help.
Old 2017-03-20 , 14:48
Still listens to the wireless

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum, thanks for the advice anyway!
Tags
config, explora, static ip