Forum > Customer service > Customer service > DStv PREMIUM CUSTOMERS GET SHOWMAX AT NO CHARGE
Old 2017-09-11 , 13:56
MultiChoice

Default DStv PREMIUM CUSTOMERS GET SHOWMAX AT NO CHARGE

Announcement issued Monday, 11 Sept

DStv Premium customers have something to celebrate - they will now get Showmax, worth R99 per month, at no charge. In addition to getting access to Showmax's catalogue of more than 25 000 TV show episodes and movies via the DStv Explora decoder, DStv Premium customers will also be able to access Showmax via the DStv Now app, as well as their PC, laptop, mobile device, media player or smart TV.

"More and more customers are telling us they love to binge-watch box sets on DStv Catch Up and Showmax. It's they way the world is moving and that's why we're offering all our Premium customers Showmax, so they can enjoy this exceptional experience," said Mark Rayner, CEO of MultiChoice South Africa.

DStv Premium customers already he the freshest local and international content first on DStv and can now get box sets of previous seasons from Showmax. This is a great way to discover and watch a series from the very beginning - watching previous seasons on Showmax and then catching the latests season fresh on DStv.

Showmax is also home to new shows that can't be seen anywhere else. Some of the series exclusive to Showmax include: The Young Pope, starting Jude Law and Diane Keaton; Taboo, starring Tom Hardy; Younger, about which Glamour Magazine said "nothing on TV has ever captured the Sex and the City vibe like Younger has; Kingdom, MMA action drama starring Nick Jonas; Class, Dr Who spinoff based at the Coal Hill School in London familiar to all Whovians.

Recent additions only on Showmax include Harlots, described by Variety as "Think Downton Abbey meets Game of Thrones" and Tut starring Ben Kingsley. In October the third season of Mr Robot will be added weekly, fresh from the US and all seven season of Game of Thrones will also be available.

The Showmax subscription gives customers access to two concurrent streams on different devices, so parents can watch their shows on the big screen while the kids watch cartoons on their tablet. Showmax also gives customers the option to download up to 25 TV shows and movies to their smartphone or tablet for viewing later. It's perfect for long road trips and flights.

To make accessing Showmax hassle-free, a link has been added to thaw DStv Now app. Premium customers can use up to 4 mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to access the DStv Now app.

END
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:09
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Questions:

In the other thread, a screenshot indicates that it's free for month only (1st month). Is that correct, or for how long is it free before we need to start paying?

We just need to register for Showmax to access this offer?

I see it's available on 2 devices, so 2 Exploras set up in extraview?

Thanks.
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:14
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
I think you need to register via the ShowMax website, then choose DSTV Account as payment. You will then be asked to log in with your Connect ID and asked to link ShowMax to your account.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:16
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Connect ID
My what now? Where do I get this?

Obviously, doing this would be contingent on the answers to my other 2 questions.
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:19
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

So when I go through the process to enable this, via the DStv Now app, I get told "thanks for signing up for your free 14 day trial!"

It had better not be a 14 day trial...otherwise I'm going to be a tad upset about things, since I followed the instructions above.
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:25

Quote:
My what now? Where do I get this?

Obviously, doing this would be contingent on the answers to my other 2 questions.
Your Connect ID is the one you use to sign into DSTV Now. Without it you also can't connect your Explora to the Internet. If you don't have one then you need to register on the DSTV website - in the process you also link your DSTV account/smartcard to the ID.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:26
MultiChoice

Quote:
Questions:

In the other thread, a screenshot indicates that it's free for month only (1st month). Is that correct, or for how long is it free before we need to start paying?

I see it's available on 2 devices, so 2 Exploras set up in extraview?

Thanks.
Nope, not free for just a month - valid until 31 March 2019.

This is not just for using Showman on your Explora - you can also use Showmax on your tablets, smartphones or Smart TVs. You can access the Showmax app from the DStv Now app, using your Connect ID.

You can create a DStv Log in (previously Connect ID) on DStv.com - look for the link in the top right of the page.

This is what you need to do to get it:
- If you are already a Showmax customer paying your Showmax from your DStv, you don't have to do anything
- If you are already a Showmax customer but NOT paying via your DStv account, log into your Showmax account and go to the My Account section and choose DStv Add to Account and log in with your DStv Log in
- If you're not yet a Showmax customer, you can sign up for Showmax on their site and use DStv Add to Account as your payment method, and then log in with your DStv Login

You can register up to 5 devices to access Showmax (this is when you use smartphones, tablets, smart TVs). Your DStv Explora will count as one of these devices.

While you can register up to 5 devices, you can only watch 2 concurrent streams.
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:32
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeII View Post
So when I go through the process to enable this, via the DStv Now app, I get told "thanks for signing up for your free 14 day trial!"

It had better not be a 14 day trial...otherwise I'm going to be a tad upset about things, since I followed the instructions above.
Appears as if it may be a permanent thing...or as long as I take it. Which may be only as long as it is free, because initial views don't convince me it's worth R99.
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
In October the third season of Mr Robot will be added weekly, fresh from the US
Will it still be aired on DSTV or be exclusive to ShowMax?
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:36
MultiChoice

@OrangeII - As per my post, until 31 March 2019.

Please also follow the instructions to add it to your DStv account - as per my post. Log in with your DStv Log in.