Forum > Content > Sport > Barclays English Premier League 2017-2018
Old 2017-07-28 , 18:39
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Whom? View Post
Dstv sucks, I mean we only watch two international football leagues and one (bundeslega) if cup matches are on. Sucks there is so much we are missing, even a bloody pre-season tournament in the U.S we cannot see agh. Its EPL like its the only bloody league in the world. And I pay close to a 1000 a month pshh
Hi there, Dr Whom. This thread is an informal place specifically to discuss all EPL matters. We are all EPL fans here, so your complaints and profanities will be ignored.

If you have a complaint about the mix of content on the sports channels, that you want to bring to the attention of MC, you should post your comments in an appropriate thread; or start a new one.
Cheers K.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 2017-07-30 , 12:23
4K, baby!

Default SuperBru !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post

Hi BB, Thanks for the heads-up; Done, the DSTV Forumites pool is set-up again for the new season.
.......... As BB says, new members are most welcome plus, we expect our Chelsea mate from north of the border ( with a silver UEC PVR) to be active again this year

Cheers, K.
We are 7 members so far; welcome back guys! All last years' members are pre-approved so let's make it a full house, please.

New members are most welcome you will need the access code "awoldoes" to apply for membership and I will approve your application, as captain.

Cheers, K.
Old 2017-08-02 , 17:31
HD-Ready!

Hello fellow forumites. Not too sure if I should be looking forward to the new season though. Looking at the Stoke squad we seem very thin in terms of striking power. For reasons I can't understand, we've let Jon Walters and Arnautovic go which only leaves us with Diouf (who doesn't impress me) and Crouch (who is past his sell-by date) left. It was the lack of fire-power last season that really hurt us, so this one could be really painful. Personally, I don't think Mark Hughes is the right man for the team either. He's constantly tinkering with the starting line-up week in and out. Another bad start to the season like the last one would be really disappointing. (Not to mention, a really bad ending as well. )
Old 2017-08-03 , 12:41
4K, baby!

Chris I think it's still too early to be writing off your team's chances. Or for anyone to say their team's going to be doing this or that this season. Still a couple of weeks before the closing of the transfer period so who knows what players will still be coming in or moving out? I don't think Spurs have signed anyone yet and, after last season, they should have SOME money to spend? Especially with them being in the Champions League. Everton have brought in a number of new players but only time will tell how good they are.

Talking of transfers what has happened to "common sense" and "reason"? Clubs are wanting ridiculous prices for their players. Neymar reportedly going to PSG for close on 200 million pounds This for someone to run on a field and kick a ball around. Wages I've read are in the region of 500 000 pounds A WEEK!! Read somewhere that taking the average salary of someone in the UK into account they'd have to work for 19 years to get what he's going to be getting per week. Oh, that's also AFTER TAX. Rumour or truth?
Old 2017-08-04 , 14:07
Still gets up to change channels

The schedule isn't showing any EFL games being played. It kicks off tonight. Is SS not showing any Championship games?
Old 2017-08-05 , 12:21
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renshai View Post
The schedule isn't showing any EFL games being played. It kicks off tonight. Is SS not showing any Championship games?
Have posted a seperate thread regarding the showing of these games. Think that this question may be missed here. Supersport moderators not the liveliest bunch around.
Old 2017-08-07 , 12:17
4K, baby!

I have set up an EPL Fantasy League on the Superbru website. Here you get to choose a maximum of two players from any team for your squad. There's no cash limit. Should you wish to join the pool name is "ohmsbike". So far I'm assured of victory as there's nobody else in the pool
Old 2017-08-07 , 16:35
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I have joined beetle. Have no idea how it works but should be fun

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Old 2017-08-07 , 17:51
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad95 View Post
I have joined beetle. Have no idea how it works but should be fun

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Have accepted your application. So far it's just the two of us. Will see whether anyone else joins in.
Old 2017-08-08 , 17:23
Changes remote batteries daily

Made sure I joined the pool from match day 1 for fear of relinquishing my overall lead...Ain't gonna happen this season