Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > General > General > Your ideas to refresh the Forum

Old 2013-10-25 , 11:59
MultiChoice

Talking Your ideas to refresh the Forum

As some of you might have seen on a response I posted yesterday, we are in the process of reviewing the Forum. Although we have asked an external company to do a review and make recommendations, it makes sense to hear what the people who participate on the Forum would like us to change.

So this thread is your chance to have your voice heard. How would you like to adapt the Forum to be a better platform for you to engage with other customers and with us at MultiChoice?

Our focus is on the structure of the Forum with the different sections and sub-sections, the rules of engagement and terms and conditions, as well as the resources allocated to this Forum.

I know that you will keep it constructive to help us to all build a better Forum together.

And.....go!
Old 2013-10-25 , 12:06
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
As some of you might have seen on a response I posted yesterday, we are in the process of reviewing the Forum. Although we have asked an external company to do a review and make recommendations, it makes sense to hear what the people who participate on the Forum would like us to change.

So this thread is your chance to have your voice heard. How would you like to adapt the Forum to be a better platform for you to engage with other customers and with us at MultiChoice?

Our focus is on the structure of the Forum with the different sections and sub-sections, the rules of engagement and terms and conditions, as well as the resources allocated to this Forum.

I know that you will keep it constructive to help us to all build a better Forum together.

And.....go!
Marietjie

The most important thing is to have active MC staff who respond timeously. The structure should reflect business units of the staff involved.

Hopefully you can help with a business unit structure to help build a structure
Old 2013-10-25 , 12:11
MultiChoice

Not sure a business unit structure is the way to go - structuring the Forum around Marketing, Corporate Affairs, Broadcast Technology Division, IT Division, HR, etc. That's not really the way we want to engage with our customers and not sure it will make the Forum better. But more than happy to hear what you guys/gals think....
Old 2013-10-25 , 12:13
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Not sure a business unit structure is the way to go - structuring the Forum around Marketing, Corporate Affairs, Broadcast Technology Division, IT Division, HR, etc. That's not really the way we want to engage with our customers and not sure it will make the Forum better. But more than happy to hear what you guys/gals think....
Unless you have staff for the forum, and staff are involved and they then need to work outside their business unit is going to get us nowhere.
Old 2013-10-25 , 12:26
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
The most important thing is to have active MC staff who respond timeously.
Have to agree.
No response from MC and relying on other forum members to use Twitter or Facebook to get answers needs to change.
Old 2013-10-25 , 12:28
Changes remote batteries daily

I think the most important thing is staff who are responsible for maintaining their sections on the forum, similar to what you have for the Facebook and Twitter feeds.

These staff must ensure that all threads are answered and or merged if they need to be.

While the forum is not typically regarded as social media, I feel that it should be and should be treated with the same respect. Unhappiness spreads fast in these types of media.

Also, rather than let issues fester until they become ugly, feedback should be regular, not just add hoc.

Case in point being the issues around series recordings - I have not seen any real feedback other than "we are investigating" - many forumites (even though some may be short term members) have become so frustrated that they spew venom which could fairly easily be contained.

Issues with that sort of impact should be highlighted and reported on all the time. I know it doesn't seem to serve any purpose to say we are working on it over and over, but at least - we are aware, we have reproduced, we are testing fix, we are FT fix, we will download in the next XX timeframe etc.

Cheers
Mark
Old 2013-10-25 , 12:31
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Use Nic as an example, give us 10 x Nic
Old 2013-10-25 , 12:35
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv View Post
Yes please!!
Old 2013-10-25 , 12:35
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv View Post
Agreed. Nic seems to do pretty much everything right, and he has a sense of humour, which I guess is an added bonus.

Or 10 x Marietjie - even though I sometimes don't like the answer, at least there is an answer
Old 2013-10-25 , 12:57
Forum Queen (gets her subjects to change her remote batteries daily.)
[Dear Twitter: Forum Queen is not a MultiChoice employee.]

Also remember that yes info on new shows, starting times, repeats, new seasons etc. is available on various platforms but some people don’t want to connect to a second link. They see the forum as ask here and get an answer here thing.

And yes MC Nic is very good at understanding what is wanted by customers on this forum. He will always give a quick response even to just say that the issue is being looked into. The trick is that he will give back feedback. Good or bad. Not just hope the issue will go away. The way he explains why things are done or not done is always informative. My 2 cents.

Last edited by Eurica; 2013-10-25 at 13:02. . Reason: I broke the font?!

Tags
new forum, refreshed forum