Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > HDPVR software dowload to UEC 4660 (4 tuner) and UEC 4828 (2U)

Old 2013-06-27 , 17:35
MultiChoice

Default HDPVR software dowload to UEC 4660 (4 tuner) and UEC 4828 (2U)

Please note that we have now downloaded the new software to the UEC 4660 (4 tuner) and UEC 4828 (2 tuner) platforms. The software is exactly the same as the one we did on the Pace 4 tuner and Pace 2 tuner in recent weeks.

Load version:
UEC 4 tuner: L:67
UEC 2 tuner: L:11

Please post your feedback in this thread.

Note:
If you happen to come across a BE1 error on the UEC 4 tuner or if your UEC 4 tuner is stuck on a download screen , herewith some suggestions;
Please perform a front panel force code download:
1. Press RESET button, and then
2. Press Standby, P-, Guide, Standby buttons (in quick succession)
The decoder should then initiate an "over-the-air" software download which should take at least 20 minutes to complete.
Old 2013-06-27 , 19:08
Changes remote batteries hourly

A notification / reminder for all as to what the other details were for the Pace decoders' software upgrade which is then the same for the UECs.
(Items in blue are my edit);

Section 1
4. Will rollback software be available?
No

Section 2 - What fixes will be in the software
1.Stability Fixes:
 Changing Signal Setup in Additional Networks can cause a reset. This is relevant to SMATV setups. When going to the additional network setup page and toggling an additional network to be enabled or disabled, the decoder may reset due to memory violations. This has now been resolved

2.Unresponsiveness
 The (PACE &) UEC 4 tuner decoder sometimes used to display AV after a reboot, but was unresponsive to remote control and front panel key presses. This has now been resolved
 Decoder did not recover correctly from Signal loss, and become unresponsive

3. AV loss
 In a SMATV setup horizontal channels are shifted to Vertical polarization. Sometimes after an upgrade the shifted channels might experience AV loss. This has been fixed
 AV loss while using trickmodes

4. Parental Guidance
 PG PIN is not requested when moving to an event with a higher PG rating during Live TV, and while the plate is up
 The PG pin is not prompted when accessing a third party app, when PG settings are set to Total block. Eg : if you are watching Big Brother and have set your PG blocking to “total block” and the customer tries to access this app, the PG Pin popup blocking access, was not displayed. This has been fixed

5.Buffer
 Jumping to different positions in the status bar is not smooth
 Random loss of review buffer. Sometimes when watching LIVE TV, and when trying to access the buffer- the buffer was not available/ disappeared. This has been resolved

6.Other
 If a customer has set his Aspect Ratio to 4:3 Letterbox , this will change after changing the High Definition Output (HDMI)
 When channel changing, the decoder does not keep the aspect ratio as per the settings in the aspect ratio menu
 Trickmodes jump at times
 Instant Rewind during playback of a recording jumps back more than 5 minutes instead of 10 seconds.
 I-plate stops updating
 Touch screen displays junk
 Iplate does not update on E38 services eg : When you change to a channel that has a E38 error popup and P+/- before the i-plate disappears, the information on the i-plate will not update to the new channel’s event information. This has been resolved

Section 3 - What new features are in this release
 All HD PVR enabled subscribers will now have access to the BoxOffice listing screen. They will be entitled to view trailers.
 In an XtraView setup the secondary decoder can now be delinked from the primary decoder, without both decoders being active in a XtraView setup. (HGPC2 screen). Essentially if a customer brings the decoder for repair/trouble shooting, they no longer need to bring in their primary decoder. Both decoders can now work independently of each other. This is just one of the advantages (we were since told that this is not currently enabled yet after all)
 Changes were made to SMATV customers network setting configuration, allowing them to seamlessly view additional services when launched.
 Updated DStv branding
Old 2013-06-27 , 20:39

I'm seeing a small issue on L:11 (/2) on the 2U, but it's critical for what I do on the Forum.

When on the DVB-S2 test channel 425;
If I go to the Signal Status screen, after a short period the info for Frequency changes to a zero and so does the Symbol Rate info, and the FEC value becomes a dash.

When trying this on a feed with a low signal quality the info is only displayed for a couple of seconds, when trying it on a feed with 100/100 signals it lasts for 100 seconds.

The problem does not occur with the ordinary DVB-S channels (HOR or VER).

EDIT: The last time I tried this a few minutes ago, the info now holds much longer.

I would like to try a Flash Reset - I have the info for the other three HD decoders, but can't find anything for the 2U.
Please would someone either post or PM me the procedures (both the old and new ones please). Thanks
Old 2013-06-28 , 08:21
Technical Myriad

No sign of the download on my UEC box ---- have prevented a dl from happeneing in case it happens I am not around -- still on previous s/w.

I am much happier when I can observe what happens ................

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Lufuno View Post
Please note that we have now downloaded the new software to the UEC 4660 (4 tuner) and UEC 4828 (2 tuner) platforms. The software is exactly the same as the one we did on the Pace 4 tuner and Pace 2 tuner in recent weeks.

Load version:
UEC 4 tuner: L:67
UEC 2 tuner: L:11

Please post your feedback in this thread.

Note:
If you happen to come across a BE1 error on the UEC 4 tuner or if your UEC 4 tuner is stuck on a download screen , herewith some suggestions;
Please perform a front panel force code download:
1. Press RESET button, and then
2. Press Standby, P-, Guide, Standby buttons (in quick succession)
The decoder should then initiate an "over-the-air" software download which should take at least 20 minutes to complete.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2013-06-28 , 09:39
MultiChoice

Default HDPVR software dowload to UEC 4660 (4 tuner) and UEC 4828 (2U)

@Optimist:

Procedure for front panel flash erase on a 2U:

1. Reset the decoder
2. Then press and hold “TV/Audio” and “UHF” buttons on the front panel
3. Release when the decoder indicate “3==3” on the front panel
4. The decoder will the boot up and scan and tune to channel 100

Last edited by MC Lufuno; 2013-06-28 at 09:41. .
Old 2013-06-28 , 10:09

Thanks Lufuno. As it is similar to the other decoders' methods I presume that this is the new, more specific method.
I'd also like to learn what the full erase method is sometime.

I'm going to hold off trying the procedure until at least the 11th of July as this problem may at least let me determine which HD channels will have already been changed to DVB-S2, it's info that could be useful to me.

@Geoff - Can you think of any other way any of us can determine when the DVB-S2 changes have been made without a FSM (presuming that they will stick with the same transponders)?

EDIT:
@Others with a 2U - The software version number on the Information Central / Information Central screen may be confusing, two pieces of data are strung together without a space - it is correct if it says L1170.15R

Last edited by Optimist; 2013-06-28 at 11:12. .
Old 2013-07-01 , 13:20

One thing that bothers me and is still present - often when using the directional keys on my RCU the commands are misinterpreted and I'm taken to the BO screen.
Seems to depend on angle, only being directly in front of the decoder prevents it.

Thks.
Old 2013-07-01 , 14:36
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
One thing that bothers me and is still present - often when using the directional keys on my RCU the commands are misinterpreted and I'm taken to the BO screen.
Seems to depend on angle, only being directly in front of the decoder prevents it.

Thks.
This particular "error" has been driving my up the wall since I got the UEC HDPVR! It makes no diff whether the commands come in via the FP IR detector or via a TVLINK. -- in other words it is related to the s/w and the double functionality some buttons have.

Just about every double function button on the remote will sometimes take the wrong action----

Some other examples are:

Pressing "exit" will mute sound
Right arrow will invoke BO
"ok" will invoke BO
"del" will take you back to the playslist iso delting a recording

These are just a few I can remember now.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2013-07-01 at 23:51. .
Old 2013-07-01 , 19:15
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post

Thks.
So this a lot worse in TV1 mode than TV2 on the older protocol. The A4 remote (MNEC) doesn't have this. It is an angle thing. To me it is a vertical/horizontal transmission and changing the angle, so the lines become crossed (my words). I have reported it and we are not the only ones. The answer came back is to keep the remote straight...But this is an ongoing offline discussion....
Old 2013-07-01 , 19:39

Thanks G!

My setup would make it difficult to switch to TV2 use, but will keep that in mind.
I decided not to use my supplied A4 as the A3 (UEI clone) handles almost everything of what I do with an RCU. That will now change.
Fortunately for other users the remote blaster setup is well positioned. Haven't heard them complain, but as per Geoff's feedback I suspect that won't be for long.

Roll on the A5...