Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Dancing with the Stars
Old 2010-10-05 , 20:50
mosey

Default Dancing with the Stars

We have just finished watching DWTS ~ season 6 I think it was.
I now see a new one starting this Sunday ~ which one would this be? It is strange to get them back to back!
Please enlighten me!
Old 2010-10-06 , 00:24
Changes remote batteries daily

Why is it strange? America started Season 11 three weeks back. They are probably just trying to catch up. I mean we are 5 seasons behind the US
"Humanity's most valuable assets have been the non-conformists. Were it not for the non-conformists, he who refuses to be satisfied to go along with the continuance of things as they are, and insists upon attempting to find new ways of bettering things, the world would have known little progress, indeed."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"A good TV will make you feel like you're in a rainstorm, but a great Sound System will make you pull out your umbrella."
Old 2010-10-06 , 06:02
mosey

I dont mean it is strange in the way you think it is. I REALIZE that we are decades behind USA. Normally we dont give a damn about how many seasons we are behind so that is why I thought it'is strange that now suddenly we are having them back to back and trying to catch up!
Old 2010-10-06 , 07:56
MC Kerry

Seems like that is correct. According to BBC E's monthly highlights:

Dancing With The Stars
PREMIERE
(10 episodes) – Series 7 – From Sunday 10 October at 19:30 and 21:00
Series continues Sundays at 19:30 with the results show Mondays at 19:45
Full of glitz, glamour, sequins and stardom, Dancing With The Stars returns for another series pairing celebrities with professional ballroom and Latin American dancers.
Celebrities taking part in this series are stand-up comedian Jeffrey Ross, actor Ted McGinley, reality star Kim Kardashian, Olympic volleyball player Misty May-Treanor, chef Rocco DiSpirito, singer Toni Braxton, Actress Cloris Leachman, TV legend Susan Lucci, sprinter Maurice Green, Disney star Cody Linley, singer Lance Bass and NFL footballer Warren Sapp.
Old 2010-10-06 , 08:40
mosey

So am interested to know if this is a repeat or have they brought back certain celebrities? I seem to recognise a few names from a previous series?
Old 2010-10-06 , 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosey View Post
I dont mean it is strange in the way you think it is.
Oh so you know me now do you?
"Humanity's most valuable assets have been the non-conformists. Were it not for the non-conformists, he who refuses to be satisfied to go along with the continuance of things as they are, and insists upon attempting to find new ways of bettering things, the world would have known little progress, indeed."
"A good TV will make you feel like you're in a rainstorm, but a great Sound System will make you pull out your umbrella."
Old 2010-10-06 , 19:11
Lurks quietly in the background, and changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosey View Post
So am interested to know if this is a repeat or have they brought back certain celebrities? I seem to recognise a few names from a previous series?
Premiere generally means never seen before on that channel
So yes its a brand new series

Last edited by LesleyH; 2010-10-07 at 07:39. .
Old 2010-10-06 , 20:02
mosey

So why do the celebrities sound so familiar? Answer from MC would be nice!
Old 2010-10-07 , 01:43

I don't understand MC Rory. I was only stating the obvious. I didn't post a link or anything. I was merely making mosey understand.
Old 2010-10-07 , 01:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesleyH View Post
Premiere generally means never seen before
So yes its a brand new series
Never seen before on that channel, it has been seen before. Season 7 premiered in September 2008. The US are in Season 11 now.