Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Clueless live chat rep, no follow-up on query
Old 2018-02-07 , 12:18
Still listens to the wireless

Default Clueless live chat rep, no follow-up on query

I have a Samsung Note II, running Android 4.3, yet when I try to livestream sport from the SuperSport app, it immediately sends me to the Google Play Store to download the DSTV Now app, where I get an error message "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

According to this forum post by MC Nic: http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=26243, the Samsung Note II is supported for DSTV Now.

I emailed dstvnow@support.dstv.com about this on 16 January, and the reply, which came from "socialmedia@multichoice.co.za", asked me to use the Live Chat portal. I got a reference number 9625149 on this email.

So I went to the Live Chat portal and the operator was clearly out of his/her depth. His/her first suggestion was "Please ensure that you are using the latest version of chrome and then log out of the Dstv Now website, clear your browser history . Once this is done please refresh the DStv page and log back in." My query had nothing to do with a browser, I wasn't logged in to the DSTV website. The operator simply did not understand my query. Eventually, after much back and forth, trying to get the operator to understand my query, the answer was "Please send me a screen shot of the error so I can escalate it. " I did this, and have heard sweet nothing since then.

I emailed socialmedia@multichoice.co.za with a copy of the Live Chat transcript. Again, sweet nothing.

After looking at the posts on the DSTV Now forum, I actually think I know what the issue is, but surely I should have received further feedback? And some support consultant should have asked me the key question, ie "Is your device rooted?"

Terrible customer service in terms of no-one getting back to me, and terrible customer service in terms of the cluelessness of the support consultant I spoke to.
Old 2018-02-07 , 14:05
MultiChoice

That is definitely not good - apologies for your experience. Please can you let us know who you chatted to, so we can address the knwoledge issue wiht the consultant concerned?

Also if you want to PM your details to MC Grace, she can get one of the tech team to contact you to sort this out over the phone.
Old 2018-02-07 , 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
That is definitely not good - apologies for your experience. Please can you let us know who you chatted to, so we can address the knwoledge issue wiht the consultant concerned?
I'd rather not post the name publicly. Is there someone I can email the chat transcript to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Also if you want to PM your details to MC Grace, she can get one of the tech team to contact you to sort this out over the phone.
I think I know what the problem is.
Old 2018-02-07 , 15:35
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbbjhb View Post
I'd rather not post the name publicly. Is there someone I can email the chat transcript to?
You should be able to paste the whole thing onto a PM (private message) in the "USER CP" menu, you can send it to MC Kenneth.
Old 2018-02-07 , 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
You should be able to paste the whole thing onto a PM (private message) in the "USER CP" menu, you can send it to MC Kenneth.
Nope. "The text that you have entered is too long (8033 characters). Please shorten it to 5000 characters long."

The Transcript is what it is - shortening it would defeat the exercise.
Old 2018-02-07 , 19:50
Changes remote batteries hourly

No need to shorten, just split it in two and send two PM's.
(You'll need to wait a minute before sending the second one - forum rules.)