Forum > Content > General > BBC Brit - QI Season 15
Old 2017-12-29 , 10:11
Changes remote batteries hourly

BTW, just having a (another) go at 120 BBC Brit itself, I find the other BBC channels perform much better.
Old 2017-12-29 , 10:13
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hello

Starting in 2018 the QI premiere will permanently move to the 20:30 slot on Fridays.
We use the final broadcast times to update the BBC schedule, they are timed down to the minute so you shouldn't miss the beginning or end of any episode, we could leave the original times rounded to five minutes, but then you would lose the first or last minute or two of many shows. It is in fact an example of exceptional professionalism on the part of the BBC as many other channels round their times up or down or schedule fillers at the end of their shows to make up the time.
Unfortunately, we don't have a start date for season 11 of Would I Lie to You at this stage.
Old 2017-12-29 , 10:53

Thanks Trisan.

I agree re that factor of the fine tuning of the scheduling, after decades some of us are well aware of the advantages of such efforts on their and your team's part.

What can't be agreed with is any need to "go over the margins" of the slots at all, so to speak.
This is the same modern problem we have with M-Net (since largely improved), and there's no real excuse (not even live broadcasts) if things are done carefully enough.

I don't like having a go at the advertising as I know that's an ever more important factor of modern considerations, but it's been strongly suspected that late adjustments to that factor are being put first all too often these days at the cost of accurate scheduling - must change, viewers are not at all happy with the disruptions.

/end rant
Old 2018-02-08 , 07:42

Cool

I see that QI now has two repeats, the new one is a few hours after the premiere in the early hours of the next morning - please pass on our thanks to the channel, this is a very helpful improvement from just the one repeat almost a full week later, and especially without a CU+ offering this season.
Old 2018-02-08 , 12:33
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Thanks, we will let them know.