Old 2015-01-19 , 13:43
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Keith

I have found on an unclean shutdown boot, the Explora can do a disk check and that can take a good few mins. i'm talking about pulling the plug out type unclean reboot, not a reboot by holding down the standby button G
Hi G, Yip. I've been tempting fate by trying to induce a rescan this morning by forcing exactly the "unclean" reboot you are describing. i.e. Halfway through a boot, pulling the power and then replacing it. Doing this 2 or 3 times during a boot, at different times and then permitting a full, unimpeded start-up.

Despite all my best attempts to screw it up, my Explora completes the reboot in 1minute 59 seconds each time, without a rescan or any form of disk checking. The CU and BO appear intact; schedules and recorded content look fine.

Perhaps you'd give a point-by-point example of how to induce the problem, G ?

Cheers, K.
Old 2015-01-23 , 08:21
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
......The daily 03:15 maintenance reboot appears to be exactly the same and also takes around the 2-minute mark (I'm frequently awake sometimes listening to the news and, if not awake, the click of the drive resetting sometimes wakes me, though I've not physically timed the reboot process).......
OK, so sad that it is, I timed the maintenance boot last night. It was a regular "fractionally under 2-minute" boot"; just like any other and with no network scan.

Cheers, K ZZZZZzzzzzzzz.......
Old 2015-01-23 , 08:29
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
OK, so sad that it is, I timed the maintenance boot last night. It was a regular "fractionally under 2-minute" boot"; just like any other and with no network scan.

Cheers, K ZZZZZzzzzzzzz.......
Not sad, just devotion to the cause
Old 2018-01-30 , 16:02
Still gets up to change channels

Right on, not acceptable. Is it on the new decoders as well?
Old 2018-01-30 , 21:53
Changes remote batteries daily

This thread is 3 years old, too much will have changed.