Forum > Content > Sport > World Cricket
Old 2014-11-27 , 13:50
Changes remote batteries daily

What about using a softer ball.
Re engineer the cricket ball.??

silent witness
Old 2014-11-27 , 13:51

The bouncer has been in the game for many many years - this type of delivery ensures and keep the batsmen on their toes when facing fast bowler. The captain can also set a field for this particular bowling

I personally do not fancy the bouncer because the team that I support (India) is probably the worst at facing this type of ball I wonder what is going to happen in Australia when India play their series there

I do not think that the ICC should ban the bouncer altogether but maybe explore the game better in order for batsmen to play almost each and every single delivery, currently the bowler can bowl the ball anywhere on the pitch, maybe just maybe the ICC can have all bowlers pitch the ball after a certain distance on the pitch. This will not eliminate the bouncer altogether but it will be very very difficult to bounce the ball. Its just my suggestion
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2014-11-27 , 13:53
Orange

Then it won't bounce, or have the necessary "carry", effectively removing fast bowling from the game.

Indians would love that, because then their spinners would be awesome, and they might actually be able to handle pitches in Perth.
Old 2014-11-27 , 13:54
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
I do not think that the ICC should ban the bouncer altogether but maybe explore the game better in order for batsmen to play almost each and every single delivery, currently the bowler can bowl the ball anywhere on the pitch, maybe just maybe the ICC can have all bowlers pitch the ball after a certain distance on the pitch. This will not eliminate the bouncer altogether but it will be very very difficult to bounce the ball. Its just my suggestion
Sangakkara would probably love that innovation. No more nightmares of a Duminy half-tracker getting him out...

Actually, a format of cricket already has this rule. It's called Action Cricket. And nothing gets above waist height. And speaking as someone who's played Action Cricket on one or two occasions, it won't work, because there's still the danger of a top edge onto an exact spot with very little reduction in speed over a direct hit.

Last edited by Orange; 2014-11-27 at 13:57. .
Old 2014-11-27 , 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Then it won't bounce, or have the necessary "carry", effectively removing fast bowling from the game.

Indians would love that, because then their spinners would be awesome, and they might actually be able to handle pitches in Perth.
Fast bowling will still be in the game but it will take out the bouncers

I did mention why I did not fancy the bouncers, Orange - India/SL/Pakistan & Bangladesh will really enjoy the game better against the likes of England/NZ/SA &Australia
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2014-11-27 , 14:06
Orange

Quote:
I did mention why I did not fancy the bouncers, Orange - India/SL/Pakistan & Bangladesh will really enjoy the game better against the likes of England/NZ/SA &Australia
Since the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket Internationally) is now firmly in charge, maybe you should drop them a mail? They might just go for these nefarious plans...
Old 2014-11-27 , 14:08

Quote:
Since the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket Internationally) is now firmly in charge, maybe you should drop them a mail? They might just go for these nefarious plans...
I think I should hey
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2014-11-27 , 14:10

Quote:
there's still the danger of a top edge onto an exact spot with very little reduction in speed over a direct hit.
Exactly. If a batsmen sweeps a spinner then there's always the chance of him top-edging the ball and being hit in the same place that Hughes was. So if the bouncer gets banned then it's only fair that the sweep shot gets banned as well.

If a batsman plays a scoop shot off a fast bowler and gets it wrong then there's the chance of the ball hitting the wicketkeeper in the head. So we would also need to ban the scoop.

If a player's fielding at short leg and turns his head to avoid a shot from a batsman then he's now at risk of the same sort of injury as Hughes suffered. So we need to ban the fielding position of short leg.

And I'm sure there are plenty of other things in cricket that need to be banned...
Old 2014-11-27 , 14:11

Quote:
Fast bowling will still be in the game but it will take out the bouncers
What about slower ball bouncers? Should those be taken out as well?
Old 2014-11-27 , 14:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
What about slower ball bouncers? Should those be taken out as well?
It will be difficult to bowl a bouncer based on where the bowler has to pitch the ball
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -