Forum > Content > Sport > World Cricket
Old 2017-06-26 , 14:36
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
So guys, with our team at the moment? Are they trying to wipe each other out? Why all these run outs of fellow players? have our batsmen lost the plot?
They've certainly lost something. Guess it's back to the drawing board for us.
Old 2017-06-26 , 14:45
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I don't think we should be too harsh on the team as a whole at the moment. Loads of first choice players didn't play in the T20 series, and those that did for the most part are either still trying to find their way, or simply just not good enough, and not used to batting with each other either. They're not helped by an apparent clueless leadership (also stand-in). So it's not all doom and gloom.

Will wait and see what the test series holds. For a while now we've had some cracks showing there, which thankfully (I think - longer term it might not be a good thing) have been papered over by one or two players really delivering. But with the return of the likes of Quinny, Hash, Faf, KG, Dean and Vern (is he even fit at the moment?) it'll be a completely different looking side, one that is quite capable of taking on the English in their own conditions. And with the return (hopefully for test 1 - come on baby, get thee outtathere!) of Faf to the captaincy, the leadership issue will also become less of one.

England are also under a new captain, with a few cracks of their own in the test side, so it promises to be a relatively good series IF both sides actually show up.
Old 2017-07-03 , 09:31
Changes remote batteries daily

Maybe the Proteas need to look to draft in some of the women's team for the next tournament. We need to come up with a new word as that was way more than a shellacking that they gave to the West Indies.
Old 2017-07-04 , 13:27
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
Maybe the Proteas need to look to draft in some of the women's team for the next tournament. We need to come up with a new word as that was way more than a shellacking that they gave to the West Indies.
There is one that is used quite liberally on the Cape Flats...but it's rather impolite...
Old 2017-07-08 , 17:29
Knows how to use a remote

Did anyone see/hear our premier bowler's indiscreet utterance??
I missed it so would like to hear from contributors to this well balanced forum..
Old 2017-07-08 , 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNDM View Post
Did anyone see/hear our premier bowler's indiscreet utterance??
I missed it so would like to hear from contributors to this well balanced forum..
Don't know for sure but I think it was the f word followed by off which earned him ONE demerit point. This brought his total of demerit points up to four which, in terms of the rules, earned him a one match ban. However, the ridiculous part of this banning are the previous three points which were "earned" by one previous incident. This when he slightly nudged some Sri Lankan(?) batsman. How that nudge could warrant a three point penalty I'll never know.

As for the swearing? Not something I'm in favour of but it takes place everywhere these days. Try eavesdropping on some school playgrounds and I'm sure you'll hear it. So just who the ICC think they are protecting I really don't know.

Perhaps Rabada should teach the rest of the Protea players how to swear in iZulu or whatever his home language is?
Old 2017-07-09 , 11:17
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Don't know for sure but I think it was the f word followed by off which earned him ONE demerit point. This brought his total of demerit points up to four which, in terms of the rules, earned him a one match ban. However, the ridiculous part of this banning are the previous three points which were "earned" by one previous incident. This when he slightly nudged some Sri Lankan(?) batsman. How that nudge could warrant a three point penalty I'll never know.

As for the swearing? Not something I'm in favour of but it takes place everywhere these days. Try eavesdropping on some school playgrounds and I'm sure you'll hear it. So just who the ICC think they are protecting I really don't know.
Well, whether or not you it is a ridiculous rule, that's what the ICC has put in place, so players need to accept the consequences. I think part of the controversy around this is that Rabada's is one of the first suspensions under the new code of conduct, and definitely the highest profile. But the code of conduct has been in place since last year, so he has no excuse for not knowing that he needed to watch his step, being one point away from suspension.

Quote:
Perhaps Rabada should teach the rest of the Protea players how to swear in iZulu or whatever his home language is?
Probably not Zulu given that he comes from Joburg, but language could be a potential flaw in the new system. What happens when players start flinging around insults in a language that none of the officials understand?

Are they going to get away with it because it won't be known what was said? That does seem like a major loophole in the rules.
Old 2017-07-09 , 14:26
It was a dark and stormy night.
(But because his installation was sound, his DStv reception was perfect.)

Smile

The best moment of the match was when KG dismissed Stokes for the second time, he walked down the wicket rubbing his head and I said out aloud, "Bite your tongue KG." My words weren't even cold when Elgar ran up and put his hand over KG's mouth
Old 2017-07-10 , 13:57

As a matter of interest who sits on the board when these laws are discussed? Is it only the "suits" who decide on the rules governing players conduct or are the players also consulted?
Old 2017-07-10 , 17:27
Knows how to use a remote

Back to the hop on, hop off captain story..
We seem to have a new captain every time they play. Faf had earned his stripes and next thing Abie was in charge with disasterous results. Then I saw Faf in the SA camp at the test match!
Somebody please tell what's going on!!