Old 2013-04-17 , 22:23
Changes remote batteries daily

Unhappy DStv Premium Bouquet

Our S.A Premium Bouquet is lacking behind with close to 30 (or even more) channels according to what DStv is offering all-in-all. This is more like a wage-gap which crippling ordinary citizens in this country.
*AV MultiBox for viewing TV1 on TV2 and TV2 on TV1
*Idling: 1 x 1131 (re-packaged) waiting for XV+
Old 2013-04-19 , 12:10
MultiChoice

puggy please explain your statement when you say the S.A. Premium bouquet is lacking behind by 30 channels. Compared to what? What's the basis of your comparison?
Old 2013-04-19 , 12:22

Based on what DStv is offering all-in-all on their satellite and comparing all Premium Bouquets offered by DStv in the whole of africa, South Africa included as is part of africa geographically.
Old 2013-04-20 , 10:51
Changes remote batteries hourly

I think I get what you're basically saying, but... 30 or more? Are you referring to ROA on IS20 or ROA on E36B (W7), or both combined? Either way there isn't close to that many differences on Premium compared with any one particular other country. (I may be wrong about Nigeria, I recall that they have a lot of extra * local channels included which makes sense as they have the biggest population in Africa by far.)

* If what you are talking about is everything else listed on E36B for all its countries combined - most of those are region-specific with each being for just one country, usually their local TV station(s) which can't be shared anywhere else at all due to licensing / regulator rights, and they're normally in Portuguese or French anyway.
The non-local extra channels are mostly what we get here but alternative language options, not things that would be desired enough here as they would be catering to small minorities.

Hope this helps.
Old 2013-04-20 , 14:07

My statement exclude local channels of each respective country. My countings goes with M-net & SS owned channels and international channels.
Old 2013-04-20 , 15:32

Those international channels are what I was referring to at the end of my last post - if I recall right it's things like CNN or BBC in Portuguese and/or French.

There's M-Net West and M-Net East, they're different to cover rights issues and possibly re better suited content for each area concerned.

Some SuperSport channels are unique to ROA, but that's also mostly related to rights issues.
Nigeria is a stranger animal still in that it has some of its own SS channels due to even more complex rights issues there caused by all the TV competition in their country.
Old 2013-04-20 , 16:15

Do we have BET or True Movies in S.A? Nope! B4U Music or iConcert? Nope! A kiddies channel like KidsCo was long on the DStv platform in the continent before it came to SA. Many channels start at the so called ''ROA'' then after few years they appear in SA as ''new channels''. These are few examples. When it comes to rights and licensing that one I leave it to the powers that be. My statement was based on facts cause it's true. I'm not saying MC should add those channels as I'm watching only 13% of the channels I access to right now.
Old 2013-04-20 , 16:21

Yep, there are a few of those. Who knows when / if MC will ever bring them here, I'm sure you know that they won't discuss that.
Old 2013-04-20 , 16:48

And now they are bringing ''part 2s'' in disguise to close the gap.
Old 2013-04-20 , 17:00
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggy View Post
Do we have BET or True Movies in S.A? Nope! B4U Music or iConcert? Nope! A kiddies channel like KidsCo was long on the DStv platform in the continent before it came to SA. Many channels start at the so called ''ROA'' then after few years they appear in SA as ''new channels''. These are few examples. When it comes to rights and licensing that one I leave it to the powers that be. My statement was based on facts cause it's true. I'm not saying MC should add those channels as I'm watching only 13% of the channels I access to right now.
BET was locked out by Top TV in SA but it has been reopened to bring to DSTV.

Some channels are designed for a region or shows in a region.

For example Survivor is licensed by the SABC in SA but available on MNet for ROA etc.

G