Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Premium bouquet? No thank you

Old 2013-01-09 , 15:56
Knows how to use a remote

Default Premium bouquet? No thank you

Over the holiday period I watched some programmes on the Premium bouquet at the house of friends we stayed at. It once again made me thankful for only being subscribed to a Select bouquet ourselves - the Premium bouquet is truly a waste of money at R600 per month!

Still so many repeats, and sometimes the same movie is shown on more than one channel at exactly the same time! I found myself channel-hopping but never managing to find something useful to watch (on the non-Select bouquet channels).

Besides, one has to be such a lazy, couch-bound sports or movies addict to want to burn valuable money on the Premium bouquet! Get a life, eish!!
Old 2013-01-09 , 16:03
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Over the holiday period I watched some programmes on the Premium bouquet at the house of friends we stayed at. It once again made me thankful for only being subscribed to a Select bouquet ourselves - the Premium bouquet is truly a waste of money at R600 per month!

Still so many repeats, and sometimes the same movie is shown on more than one channel at exactly the same time! I found myself channel-hopping but never managing to find something useful to watch (on the non-Select bouquet channels).

Besides, one has to be such a lazy, couch-bound sports or movies addict to want to burn valuable money on the Premium bouquet! Get a life, eish!!
Well December most series are off the air and then there sport, so we also have lives

G
Old 2013-01-09 , 16:17
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Aren't u begging for HD on the other thread? So there is value after all then...
Old 2013-01-09 , 17:05

I don't believe that DStv can be adequately assessed over a short period of time. For me, it's definitely a long-term undertaking. There may not be anything I want to watch at a given moment, but there will be something eventually.

One of the big drawcards for me is the series that are shown, and in order to become properly invested in a series you need to be able to watch it from the start and see every episode. That means having access to DStv for months, not just weeks.

Sport is another big part of it. I've read claims that SuperSport is the best TV sports provider in the world, and while I've no way of knowing how true those claims are, I do see how they could be. I'm not interested in everything, but all the sporting events that I want to see are available to me.

Granted, if you're not into series or sports then you might struggle to find things to watch, but I'm very happy with what I get for my R600.
Old 2013-01-10 , 08:49
It was a dark and stormy night.
(But because his installation was sound, his DStv reception was perfect.)

I hardly ever record sport because I prefer to watch it live. I'm also very selective about which series I follow and I don't watch many movies, yet both my hard drives are constantly running at 70% plus capacity. As a result repeats have never been an issue with me. I guess it's a case of "You pays your money, and you takes your choice"
Old 2013-01-10 , 08:56

Quote:

Different strokes for different folks. I love my sports, series, comedy & movies and therefore for me, the premium bouquet is the ultimate. Yeah, we will always fuss about repeats, etc but when it comes to sports - I watch them live, I never record sports at all
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2013-01-10 , 10:10

We could agree anytime if you are crying for a discount or a freeze on the annual sub increase

One is bound to be caught in not finding things new to watch or having them come at the same time or at odd viewing hours

Solution which is to invest in a PVR & you will be confessing to not even exhaust viewing all your recordings

Sport is also a number one draw card for the premium sub

In conclusion if you weigh all this up you could come up with more subjective assessment

silent witness
Old 2013-01-10 , 10:16
NTSC! (Huh?)

with the way MNET is doing with series and HD channels i dont see myself in any bouquet beside Premium, as some forumites alluded, Sports is the main thing... My HDPVR would be a waste on compact
Old 2013-01-10 , 10:58
Still gets up to change channels

Personally, Premium really does deliver, despite the problems often addressed on the forum. Most series are up to date (especially hearing that Shameless III is airing end of Jan ), M-Net Movies are now showing movies released in 2012 which is a win for me.
Old 2013-01-10 , 14:25
Changes remote batteries hourly.

There are channels which repeat content far too much for MY liking but even so I wouldn't change down from the Premium Bouquet. This is mainly because I'm a very keen sports "couch potato" with a very strong interest in football and cricket which is well covered by MC. To change down would mean I'd not be able to watch most of these games.

I don't watch that many movies, pop-ups are an irritation I can do without, but like others find I have enough stored on my PVR, mainly series stuff, to keep me occupied when there's no sport on.

So for me Premium does deliver.

But like anyone else I'm also open to reductions in our subscriptions which are starting to push the budget a little bit!!!!