Old 2011-10-18 , 07:51
Changes remote batteries daily

Default World Cricket

Its only fair for Cricket to have its own thread. Post all your comments on your favourite team for the T20, ODI & Test games.

Currently, there is so much Cricket on the go:
  • SA vs Australia
  • India vs England
  • Bangladesh vs West Indies
  • Pakistan vs Sri Lanka
  • Zimbabwe vs New Zealand
India played a fantastic knock yesterday to thrashed England to lead the series 2-0. Youngster Virat Kholi seems to be India's rising star - he just needs to keep his cool and play his game, he will be one of the best players in the world. Gambir, as ever - Mr Consistant, he helped India to secure a win
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2011-10-18 , 16:41
Still gets up to change channels

...with all the cricket going on, I've seemed to loose interest. Used to sit glued to the screen! After reading a few articles about match fixing, and also the current case against the Pakistani players, I follow this closely. And if you hear just how easy it is to influence the game result, well that's my reason for not being glued to the screen.

Look at the WI today, bundled out for 60 odd? Loosing 9 wickets for 51 in 15 odd overs? Come on. Aus vs Sa in the 2nd T20, Aus bowlong briliantly for 15 overs, basically winning the match, only to bowl the biggest lot of rubbish in the next 4 over and loose the match? Yes this is T20 and anything can happen, but how easy it is influence the result?

Not just cricket, but look at Mr Bryce with the rugby this weekend? Who says he didn't receive a nice brown envelope somewhere along the line?

Makes me sick to think about it, but it's reality, and it certainly is changing the way I watch sports, and taking the enjoyment factor out of it!
Old 2011-10-19 , 07:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingramses View Post
Look at the WI today, bundled out for 60 odd? Loosing 9 wickets for 51 in 15 odd overs?
Although WI already won the series before playing the last game, I must say that it was a pathetic performance by WI - Bangladesh bowled them out for 61, in return Bangladesh took 20 overs to make 62 runs. WI is just like Pakistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, etc in World Cricket, they are so unpredictable.

Today SA vs Australia at 14h30
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2011-10-19 , 07:58

The BCCI announced the WI will tour India in November 2011, yay!!! This will be a good tour to rest the regular players for the Aussie tour

The schedule
1st Test, November 6-10, Delhi
2nd Test, November 14-18, Kolkata
3rd Test, November 22-26, Mumbai

1st ODI (D/N), November 29, Cuttack
2nd ODI (D/N), December 2, Vishakhapatnam
3rd ODI (D/N), December 5, Ahmedabad
4th ODI (D/N), December 8, Indore
5th ODI (D/N), December 11, Chennai
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2011-10-19 , 09:11

and you have decided to side step the pessimistic match fixing opinion? kikikikiki…yeah, that’s focus! otherwise you will watch nothing I guess.

silent witness
Old 2011-10-20 , 09:56

What happened to SA yesterday? Did they "CHOKE" again?

I never see the game last night due to the lightning & thunder - I was watching movies, I was surprised when I saw the score this morning

Today India vs England - India must win this one to win the series and climb up the ODI rankings
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2011-10-21 , 07:45

Wow - India is at their best yesterday with still so many key players still out of the team. India lead the series 3-0. England thought that when they posted 298 that that was a winning score, most people would have thought so as well but India played very well to surpass that score with ease. Kevin Peterson took a very good catch to dismiss Gambir - that catch should be going for top honour for catch of the year.
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2011-10-24 , 07:47

Sri Lanka batsmen came to the party when it really mattered, Sangakara & P Jayawardene helped SL to draw the test match against Pakistan.

India beat England yesterday to lead the series 4-0

SA beat Australia yesterday to level the series in the windy city of PE
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Old 2011-10-24 , 08:24
Still gets up to change channels

Can't wait for the domestic season to get underway. So that we can see what hidden tallents are waiting for Protea inclusion. Great to see Rudolph back in the test squad, good message to the young guys out there, that good form will be rewarded!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Sri Lanka batsmen came to the party when it really mattered, Sangakara & P Jayawardene helped SL to draw the test match against Pakistan. Class , Class and more Class!

India beat England yesterday to lead the series 4-0 Mr Dhoni said they are spending more energy packing their suitcases in the hotel then on the field!!!

SA beat Australia yesterday to level the series in the windy city of PE Good comeback! Shows you what can happen when at least one of the openers can score a 50. I doubt that Smith will be in the team for to long, even Boucher with two missed stumpings. Yes they haven't played for a while, but it's a profesional game.
Old 2011-10-26 , 09:23

3rd ODI: Zimbabwe v New Zealand at Bulawayo - Oct 25, 2011
New Zealand 328/5 (50 ov); Zimbabwe 329/9 (49.5 ov)
Zimbabwe won by 1 wicket (with 1 ball remaining)

silent witness