Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Mobile > Drifta problems - not authenticating on WiFi for Android
Old 2018-02-14 , 21:48
Still gets up to change channels

Any link for dstv forum Nigeria?
Old 2018-02-14 , 22:03
Changes remote batteries hourly

As mentioned in the quote I gave from MC Marietjie in the other thread, MCA who handles all other countries have opted for each having their own FaceBook page instead of a forum.

For getting any further direction offered from here I suggest a PM to MC Kenneth.
Old 2018-02-15 , 09:23
Administrator

Dear Chino

We apologies for what you're experiencing with your Drifta.

Please PM your details to me. I'll get our Africa team to assist you.

Thanks,

Kenneth
Old 2018-02-17 , 19:21
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chido View Post
Very unpleasant now as DSTV no longer supports drifta (mobile decoder device). Moreover, it is very unwelcome development because it is not stated (indicated) on the DSTV website. Very unfair for the existing customers with driftas though.

The advantage of Drifta over "DSTV Now or Catch Up": Drifta doesn't consume your data unlike "DSTV Now or Catch Up" because it is not connected over internet but via your WiFi to small pocket mobile decoder device (drifta free hotspot device that is smaller than Business Card). DSTV offices in Nigeria sold drifta N12,500 each to customers.

So what do existing customers already with driftas do to still watch DSTV on their mobile devices without any further problem? Thanks
God bless you bro, this is exactly what I have in mind to pour out.You guyz really need to go back to the drawing board and shift ground on your decision about Drifta.Yes!, we all know that the world is moving towards new technology, but, come to think of it, here in the part of the world, we paid huge for Data services, you don't expect to now subject such data to stream Dstv now and invariably, if the network is not strong enough, it will definitely hang and buffer.In summary, it will be much more better to work on how to improve on Drifta instead,dstv now is a total waste of cash, feedback from people is negative.
Old 2018-02-17 , 19:34
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum View Post
Dear Chino

Thanks,

Kenneth
Apologies for the past three weeks!,I don't know why you had to developed an app that will be subjecting us to server authentication any time we want to use it, what baffles me most is that Friends with iPad don't authenticate, they just connect.This is partial.
Old 2018-02-17 , 19:35

Default Revert to drifta

I totally agree with you. Due to heavy data consumption & bad network coverage while using DSTV Now or Catch Up in some parts of Africa, DSTV management should revert to drifta for the benefits of existing customers. Period.
Old 2018-02-17 , 19:41

Chido, I did post that quote in the other DStv Mobile thread that explains that the people here are not involved with what goes on in your country. Your best bet is to send the details by PM to MC Kenneth as requested so he can put you in touch with people who are involved.

But carry on here if you still want to guys, it's not a problem for any of us.
Old 2018-02-17 , 20:39

Optimist, please visit @DStvNgCare to view my posts (complaints) without response since your advice. And I expect admin in charge of to intervene.

Besides, you are missing the points here: whether you are in South Africa or Nigeria with cheap or free data, DSTV in Nigeria is still owned by the same DSTV management. Drifta no longer supported by DSTV is not a welcome development by me & friends because of poor/unsteady transmission and heavy data consumption associated with DSTV Now or Catch Up. DSTV management has to resolve this issue ASAP. Every customer has to be satisfied and treated equally no matter where you are. Period.
Old 2018-02-17 , 21:06

I'm not getting involved, but wish you well with it.
They are not the same company, only their parent company Naspers is some common ground on a higher level. Anyway, I'm sure they'll pass the complaint on once or twice.
Cheers :-)
Old 2018-02-18 , 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum View Post
Dear Chino

Thanks,

Kenneth

Kenneth, I am unable to PM you because this forum does not allow private message to Admin. That was the message I got. Please revert