Forum > Decoders > Installation > Xplora + 4T HDPVR Xtraview
Old 2018-02-02 , 13:25
Still listens to the wireless

Default Xplora + 4T HDPVR Xtraview

Good day all,

I have installed Xplora + HDPVR Xtraview but only one TV works at time. When the Xplora is switched on and HDPVR is off/ standby the Xplora plays fine and vice versa . When I switch on the HDPVR while the Xplora is on, Xplora picture freezes as if it has been paused but after 3-5 seconds it plays again then HDPVR picture freezes 3-5 seconds then plays again. As a result of this on and off I have to switch off one decoder.
Is there anything wrong with my installation?
-I am using Xplora1 for TV1, 4T HDPVR for TV2 and Smart LNB, the TVs are different rooms.
- Smart LNB port A goes to the Xplora and RF out of Xplora to RFin of HDPVR for the Heart beat.
- Smart LNB port B goes to HDPVR for Satellite 1 input.
The Smart LNB has 4 ports. A,B,C and Universal.
I could not get help from Multichoice, the took my cell number and promised me that an Xtraview team will call me back. It's more than a week now I am still waiting for that call.
Old 2018-02-02 , 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkulu View Post
Good day all,

I have installed Xplora + HDPVR Xtraview but only one TV works at time. When the Xplora is switched on and HDPVR is off/ standby the Xplora plays fine and vice versa . When I switch on the HDPVR while the Xplora is on, Xplora picture freezes as if it has been paused but after 3-5 seconds it plays again then HDPVR picture freezes 3-5 seconds then plays again. As a result of this on and off I have to switch off one decoder.
Is there anything wrong with my installation?
-I am using Xplora1 for TV1, 4T HDPVR for TV2 and Smart LNB, the TVs are different rooms.
- Smart LNB port A goes to the Xplora and RF out of Xplora to RFin of HDPVR for the Heart beat.
- Smart LNB port B goes to HDPVR for Satellite 1 input.
The Smart LNB has 4 ports. A,B,C and Universal.
I could not get help from Multichoice, the took my cell number and promised me that an Xtraview team will call me back. It's more than a week now I am still waiting for that call.
This is all about user bands, you must get an accredited installer to do it for you

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
Old 2018-02-02 , 13:36
Technical Myriad

Forget that installer business, anyone with a bit of care can do this themselves.

Real simple answer to fix.

The Explora 1 I assume is the Primary decoder and the other one secondary?

The Explora uses userbands 0,1,2 as default so does the 4 tuner.
Go to advanced setting on the 4 tuner network settings SATCR that you are using and see if it allows you to change the userbands.

If it does set it to use userbands 3,4,5,6 plus the frequencies that go with each userband. See the SLNB info pamphlet.

3 ---- 2040
4 ---- 1006
5 ---- 1057
6 ---- 1108

If you cant change the user bands on this decoder, then you will have to do the same process on the Explora instead. Optimist will contribute how as I don't have an Explora set up permanently.

save the settings, reboot both decoders, primary first and then secondary and that should fix the problem.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2018-02-02 at 15:15. .
Old 2018-02-02 , 13:50
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Go to advanced setting on the 4 tuner network settings SATCR that you are using and see if it allows you to change the userbands.

If it does set it to use userbands 3,4,5 plus the frequencies that go with each userband. See the SLNB info pamphlet.

3 ---- 2040
4 ---- 1006
5 ---- 1057
You forgot the 4th tuner for the 4 tuner.

So (if possible) it would include:
6 ---- 1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Installers2015 View Post
This is all about user bands, you must get an accredited installer to do it for you
Considering past things someone in your company posted, wouldn't hire you to install my toilet paper... nothing personal of course.
Old 2018-02-02 , 14:35
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
If you cant change the user bands on this decoder, then you will have to do the same process on the Explora instead. Optimist will contribute how as I don't have an Explora set up permanently.
Here's how in advance, not sure when I may be here;

Explora menus - go to Settings \ Satellite Settings \ Home Network
Do all the user band Indexes first, then all the Frequencies.

4 ---- 1006
5 ---- 1057
6 ---- 1108

(The UEC 4 tuner would be forced to use Indexes 0 to 3. The Pace 4 tuner can be adjusted.)
Old 2018-02-02 , 16:02

the Xplora is the primary, l will change the the user bands and frequences.