Forum > Decoders > Installation > Installation at a Complex
Old 2018-01-16 , 19:04
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Default Installation at a Complex

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but if it has I've failed to pick up on it.

I know of someone who will be moving to a complex and am wondering how the installation of DStv at a new complex works. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Unfortunately that's about the only info I have. Don't think it's an old aged complex.

Once again thanks for the advice.
Old 2018-01-16 , 19:09
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi BB,

They'll have to speak to the landlord or Body Corporate of the complex for detailed instructions, and perhaps contact details for their installer, as there are many differing methods in use in these places.
Old 2018-01-16 , 20:24
Technical Myriad

Agreed. There are so many variations in complexes that it is impossible to give a generalised answer other than already offered by Optimist.

We maybe able to help once more detail is available.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2018-01-16 , 22:00

Optimist and GeoffD as always I know I can rely on you for assistance. Thanks yet again for the advice which I have passed on to the respective party. Think the complex they are moving into is a brand new one and not even sure if they have a Body Corporate just yet. Anyway, they can take it from here.

Thanks again.
Old 2018-01-16 , 23:19
Technical Myriad

If that is the case, it might be very useful to intervene BEFORE the BC or developer screws up anything from the start.

The developer should be able to by now say what their intentions are in terms of allowing units to install their own antennas. If that is the proposed idea, then no problem, a normal installation would work.

If not then what the developer needs to as soon as possible is to make contact with MC and get in at the ground floor with a proposal that will meet MCs requirements. Alternatively, they should approach someone like SPACE TV in Brackenfell for a proposal based on a fibre distribution system from a centrally located head end.

And don't forget that MC is not the only player in this space, and any distribution system should allows for anyone making use of IS 20 to also be able to provide services to individual units.
Old 2018-01-17 , 06:16
Changes remote batteries hourly

Glad to try help BB.
By "IS 20", Geoff means other TV services on the same satellite. If they do contact MC they should ask for Field Services.
Old 2018-01-17 , 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Glad to try help BB.
By "IS 20", Geoff means other TV services on the same satellite. If they do contact MC they should ask for Field Services.
Have passed on the latest bit of information to my sister in law who is the one making the enquiries. I copied and pasted GeoffD's post and hope it's not a problem? Did edit it a little bit by removing the part where he suggests they contact someone like Space tv in Brackenfell because the install is taking place somewhere near to Durban.

But once again a huge thank you regarding this matter.
Old 2018-01-17 , 16:17
Technical Myriad

No problem, BB, sort assumed you were referring to a development in the CT area.