Old 2010-02-03 , 11:42
Still gets up to change channels

Default HD PVR Rebooting

Hey all,

On an installation this past weekend I installed an SLX2 splitter and AC adapter as we were adding extra TV-link eyes. We removed a standard amp that had dc-pass, but no dc-injection. Since then one of the two HD PVR's has started rebooting around once a day.

The system is 2 HD PVR's in extra view. Both are connected via RF-Out, the one at isn't rebooting has a dc-block. The one that is rebooting doesn't have a dc-block.

The only change was the addition of the SLX2 and ac adapter... can the ac adapter on the SLX 2 somehow be causing issues? I'm going to try adding a DC block to the other pvr sometime this week...

Thanks
Mark
Old 2010-02-03 , 11:49
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by markv View Post
Hey all,

On an installation this past weekend I installed an SLX2 splitter and AC adapter as we were adding extra TV-link eyes. We removed a standard amp that had dc-pass, but no dc-injection. Since then one of the two HD PVR's has started rebooting around once a day.

The system is 2 HD PVR's in extra view. Both are connected via RF-Out, the one at isn't rebooting has a dc-block. The one that is rebooting doesn't have a dc-block.

The only change was the addition of the SLX2 and ac adapter... can the ac adapter on the SLX 2 somehow be causing issues? I'm going to try adding a DC block to the other pvr sometime this week...

Thanks
Mark
That is a new one! Are you using the external power supply that comes with the SLX splitter?
Have you noticed anay increase in temeperature on that decoder? If so then we have higher than normal DC currents flowing through the decoder. I would in the short term see if removing the external power supply for the SLX splitter does not clear this problem. If the TVLINK eyes carry on working like this you can leave it or install the DC block and power the splitter from its own power source. (reboot caused by decoder overheating?)
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2010-02-03 , 12:41
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
That is a new one! Are you using the external power supply that comes with the SLX splitter?
Have you noticed anay increase in temeperature on that decoder? If so then we have higher than normal DC currents flowing through the decoder. I would in the short term see if removing the external power supply for the SLX splitter does not clear this problem. If the TVLINK eyes carry on working like this you can leave it or install the DC block and power the splitter from its own power source. (reboot caused by decoder overheating?)

I know! It's got me stumped too! System was working 100% on the weekend after I was done. Spoke to the customer today and they said it has been doing it this week.. Ya, I'll try running the slx off the PVR rather. I am using the proper SLX powersupply.

I haven't been near the decoder, so I haven't had a chance to feel it's temp. I'll get to it in the next few days.

Dam thing, will keep you posted!