Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > EPG Errors - Wrong movie version
Old 2017-12-20 , 09:48
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default EPG Errors - Wrong movie version

I often notice errors where the EPG info reflects the wrong version of the movie, sometimes when there has been a remake, sometimes where there is more than one movie with the same name (eg: "Derailed"). In the past I've seen this on MNet channels as well as others like Studio Universal or TCM, and I notice Optimist recently started a thread here about this issue on the E Movies channels.

So I'd like to report that TCM right now is showing "Get Carter" which my on-screen information reports is the 2000 remake with Stallone, except the broadcast is actually of the original 1971 movie with Michael Caine.
Old 2017-12-20 , 12:01
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDavid View Post
I often notice errors where the EPG info reflects the wrong version of the movie, sometimes when there has been a remake, sometimes where there is more than one movie with the same name (eg: "Derailed"). In the past I've seen this on MNet channels as well as others like Studio Universal or TCM, and I notice Optimist recently started a thread here about this issue on the E Movies channels.

So I'd like to report that TCM right now is showing "Get Carter" which my on-screen information reports is the 2000 remake with Stallone, except the broadcast is actually of the original 1971 movie with Michael Caine.
Hi, RyanDavid,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You're absolutely correct - it's the wrong info in the EPG. We apologise for this error and any inconvenience caused.
Old 2017-12-20 , 12:37
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Thanks for looking into it.