Forum > Content > Sport > Dolby Digital mix on SS
Old 2017-12-11 , 10:10
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Dolby Digital mix on SS

I'm not sure if this is within the control of SS or not, but the DD Surround mix on the SS3 channel, particularly for the EPL footy, is really poor.

Effectively, it's only the center channel that produces any sound and combines commentary and stadium effects through one channel. Both the L & R speakers, as well as the rear surround channels hardly get any audio feed. I would expect to get the stadium effects separated from the commentary to get some kind of surround experience.

The La Liga feed - SS7 - is much better in this regard, although not perfect. At least we get commentary through the centre channel, and stadium effects through the L&R speakers.

The only way to get any form of surround experience is to invoke some form of pseudo surround effects from the AVR receiver, which misses the point of having a surround feed available.
Old Yesterday , 18:02
4K, baby!

This is what I seem to be experiencing as well. Wasn't always like this.