Old 2009-05-08 , 16:32
Still gets up to change channels

Unhappy SD Pvr rebooting problem

I have a problem with my SD PVR. The unit goes blank displays 8 16 14 on the front panel, reboots and scans several times a day. If you are recording, the title in the playlist shows up an error indicating a power cut. I removed and disabled the xtralink tv eye in the bedroom, and fitted remote extenders instead, without luck. The fault can be cleared by disconnecting the RF out lead, the unit then runs without fault using the RCA outputs only.

Any ideas??
Old 2009-05-08 , 17:07
MultiChoice

It looks like a faulty RF output. I would recommend getting your PVR tested at the nearest MultiChoice agency or branch. It's highly likely that it will require a swop.
Old 2009-05-10 , 16:41

I have had the unit swopped out already!

Regards
Old 2009-05-11 , 09:54
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsco View Post
I have had the unit swopped out already!

Regards
Quote:
I have a problem with my SD PVR. The unit goes blank displays 8 16 14 on the front panel, reboots and scans several times a day. If you are recording, the title in the playlist shows up an error indicating a power cut. I removed and disabled the xtralink tv eye in the bedroom, and fitted remote extenders instead, without luck. The fault can be cleared by disconnecting the RF out lead, the unit then runs without fault using the RCA outputs only. Any ideas??

Do you have any TVLINKs and or active splitters in your RF chain? If so itam ay be an overload issue - Disbale TVLINK on the SD decoder temporarily then re-enable.
You require TVLINK enabled on the SD for XV to work, so remember that aspect!

Alt, temporarily disconnect these if this is the case and test with a direct connection to the near tv's RF IN connection. If problem goes away then it could a simply overload matter
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2009-05-11 , 13:47

Thanks Geoff,
There are no xtralinks on the RF chain, no xtraview, xtralink is disabled, and the splitter has a DC block.

Regards
Old 2009-05-11 , 14:25
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Thanks Geoff,
There are no xtralinks on the RF chain, no xtraview, xtralink is disabled, and the splitter has a DC block.

Regards
Okay, then it is probably as MC Themba has stated and a swop out is the only way out.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2009-05-11 , 14:58

Swopped it out last Friday, fault still exists. Have changed all cables, LNB etc can you tell me what the 4 16 18 code on the display means??