Forum > Content > Sport > Barclays English Premier League 2017-2018
Old 2018-01-08 , 10:58
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi BB ( 13:54 SA Time Sunday) just sent a longish response with a link to an article in the Telegraph.

But it appears I'm under moderation; unsure why. The response should appear eventually. Cheers, K.
MC any idea why this is being moderated and when we'll be able to see the link to the article?

Thanks Sandtonman and will await the publishing of your comment with the link.
Old 2018-01-10 , 19:04
HD-Ready!

Well, finally Sparky's got the boot. But it should have happened before the Chelsea fiasco. To then lose against Newcastle and Coventry was way too late. He should have gone 2 weeks ago giving a new manager some time to spend with the team. It's less than 5 days before our next game against MU and still no appointment. I don't even know who the caretaker manger is. What really got to me was his arrogance declaring himself "the best man for the job" (or words to that effect) I've heard Martin O'Niell is in the mix for the job. I'd seriously welcome that.

On another note, I have to agree with the general sentiment that players are falling over far too easily in the box. You don't see players going down that easily outside the area. Hopefully the introduction of the VAR system might rectify this, but I don't know if it covers penalty awards. I hope so, and if it proves a player effectively "dived" in the box, they should be docked a week's wages which would go some way to appease Beetle and his "overpaid sissie boy" campaign.
Old 2018-01-10 , 22:13
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
On another note, I have to agree with the general sentiment that players are falling over far too easily in the box. You don't see players going down that easily outside the area. Hopefully the introduction of the VAR system might rectify this, but I don't know if it covers penalty awards. I hope so, and if it proves a player effectively "dived" in the box, they should be docked a week's wages which would go some way to appease Beetle and his "overpaid sissie boy" campaign.
I'm from the "old" school when goalkeepers, as an example, weren't as protected as they are these days. I can remember watching a game of football at Hartleyvale and saw the goalkeeper, Trevor Gething was his name - if memory serves me correctly, getting bumped with the ball into his own goals. The goal stood. Lots of shoulder to shoulder contact allowed and the game was none the worse for it. The laws, or rather the interpretation of them, leave a lot to be desired. If a defender placing his hand(s) on an attacker were blown up for every corner or free kick into the penalty area that was taken there'd be a penalty for every one.
But, yes Chris, hopefully the VAR system will go some way to stop this nonsense.
Anyone see the Holgate of Everton push on Firmino? Red card, yellow card or no action to be taken?