Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > HD PVR 2P Decoder reboots very often
Old 2017-02-17 , 14:43
Still gets up to change channels

@JanHorn & Optimist ... Thanks for clarifying
Old 2017-03-02 , 12:26
MultiChoice

Quick update for the technical team.
There have been no new findings yet.
The investigation will continue with the same high priority.
Old 2017-03-02 , 13:08
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Thanks for the feedback Marietjie. It is appreciated. So what you are saying that since this was first reported on 27 September 2015 by Wayne44 we are still not near a solution to the problem. See his post at http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php...hlight=reboots It seem it a bigger problem and more complex to solve than anticipated.

Last edited by Jan Horn; 2017-03-02 at 21:52. .
Old 2017-03-03 , 13:19
Still gets up to change channels

@JanHorn .. That's right. It is a very complex problem.

Guys, the technical team has one decoder that does not show the problem and a couple of other decoders that show the problem. The one difference between the working and "not working" decoders is the smartcard versions. They would like to see if the version of smartcard plays a role in this problem.

Please can you let us know what version of smartcard you guys are using.

Go to "Menu > Information Central > Hardware Status" and scroll Right to "CA Status". The value for "SC Ver:"
Old 2017-03-03 , 13:27

Smart Card 6.0 Build 1
Old 2017-03-03 , 15:21
4K, baby!

Smartcard 7 build 2.

Just to add that I was away from 20 to 24 February and therefore never used the decoder during this period although it was left on to do the downloading of programs that I record. Since the 25 I have been using the decoder as normal albeit not as often as before I went away. However, there's still an hour or more that I use it every day. Just not using the interactive applications which is something I've not been doing for a couple of months. Reason I'm giving this bit of useless information is that today is the 3 March and my last reboot was at 16:37 on the 19 FEBRUARY. Longest period I've gone without a reboot. Could it be that with usage the memory doesn't clear itself and "blows a fuse"?

Anyway, now that I've mentioned this good news I fully expect that my next reboot isn't going to be too far away.
Old 2017-03-03 , 16:07

BB to compare notes. On 25 February the Decoder was powered down to check the alignment of the dish and the skew angle of the SLNB. From the 25 February the only activity on the decoder was the recording of some of the Bond films currently showing on 109. Yesterday I checked and noted that no reboots took place since 25/2,then used the News APP at 12:25. The decoder rebooted at 12:42.
I note you have a different version of smart card. I would have expected to see the same version in light of MC Strini's post

Last edited by Jan Horn; 2017-03-03 at 17:22. . Reason: fixed typo
Old 2017-03-03 , 19:10
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Horn View Post
BB to compare notes. On 25 February the Decoder was powered down to check the alignment of the dish and the skew angle of the SLNB. From the 25 February the only activity on the decoder was the recording of some of the Bond films currently showing on 109. Yesterday I checked and noted that no reboots took place since 25/2,then used the News APP at 12:25. The decoder rebooted at 12:42.
I note you have a different version of smart card. I would have expected to see the same version in light of MC Strini's post
Yes. I also would have thought that we might have had the same version smart card and was surprised that this isn't the case. Any idea what smart card your daughter's decoder has?
As far as the News and Sports Apps are concerned I've deliberately stopped using them. Missing it but not worth the problems of the reboots which have often happened while a recording is taking place.
Old 2017-03-03 , 20:24

Since I have obtained the Explora 2A I have been using new and sport apps on the Explora the majority of the time. Very glad to report that it does not cause any reboots. The 2P has been demoted to XV and the Explora 2A is the one we now mainly use for our day to day viewing. I do not know what version smart card my Daughter is using but her decoder is much older than ours but they did a swap out after we got our decoder so it could be any version. I will speak to her over the weekend and maybe they are at home and not on the Golf Course when I get hold of her.
Old 2017-03-04 , 12:13
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Horn View Post
Since I have obtained the Explora 2A I have been using new and sport apps on the Explora the majority of the time. Very glad to report that it does not cause any reboots. The 2P has been demoted to XV and the Explora 2A is the one we now mainly use for our day to day viewing. I do not know what version smart card my Daughter is using but her decoder is much older than ours but they did a swap out after we got our decoder so it could be any version. I will speak to her over the weekend and maybe they are at home and not on the Golf Course when I get hold of her.
Is she still experiencing the reboots? I'm certain that if both you and I are experiencing the reboots, after using the interactive apps, then there must be many others who will be experiencing this as well. Yet, nobody else posts about this problem.