Forum > Value Added Services > BoxOffice > BoxOffice on 3RD View Explora 1 decoder
Old 2017-02-14 , 17:16
Still gets up to change channels

Default BoxOffice on 3RD View Explora 1 decoder

Hi

Helping a friend with a problem. When renting movies (any movie) available on BoxOffice on the 3RD View Explora 1 decoder it allow us to select the movie and go through all the steps up until where the movie must become available with the message "watch now" or "watch later". That does not happen.
My friend phoned the box office centre and the assistant who helped us said everything with the account is fine, but there may be some other technical difficulties she will attend to.
I asked my friend to take it up further with them.

What I would like to know from my side as an installer is if the type of installation could have an effect on this kind of problem with Box Office?

The following "Tripple View" setup is working fine.
Tripple view with Explora 2 (Primary) in living room, HD 4U decoder (Secondary) on legacy (universal) port from Slnb (old type) and Explora 1 (3RD View).
A) HB cable for the 1st XV connected from RF OUT on Primary decoder, through a TVL2XV3 amp with HB Pass-through, connected to "XV In1" on the TVL2XV3. Then from RF OUT on Secondary decoder through the TVL2XV3 connected to "XV In2" on the TVL2XV3.
The reason for this 1st XV setup is because a 4th TV is linked from the "Out1" on the TVL2XV3 only to be able to view the Explora 2 (Primary) in kids bedroom.
B) HB cable for the 2nd XV is connected from RF IN on Primary decoder directly to RF OUT on the third decoder.

Tx
Old 2017-02-14 , 20:58
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi there,

The HB system, which obviously from the lack of anything to the contrary posted must be working steadily, won't be behind this problem.

As long as the Explora 1's tuner 3 signals has a strength of 75%+ and quality of 90%+ (a bit less may be ok) this can only be a configuration problem.
Old 2017-02-17 , 10:22
Still gets up to change channels

Hi.

Thanks! Will make sure of the signals of Explora 1's tuner 3. Last time checked was strength 77% and quality also in the 70's. But how do I get the signal quality on tuner 3 higher if tuner 1's quality is already set in on 100%?

Thanks.
Old 2017-02-17 , 10:55
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreil View Post
But how do I get the signal quality on tuner 3 higher if tuner 1's quality is already set in on 100%?

Thanks.
Glad to help, but as you consider yourself an installer you should surely already know some related things...

That this is typical of the Explora's own readings, and hasn't prevent anyone here from reaching at least 90% quality on tuner 3 (some achieve even 100% on that).

That in your position you should have a FSM which does a lot to help better achieve this without needing to rely on the less capable decoder readings.

Perhaps you're just starting to get into it? If so let us know and more help could then be available.
If it's an older install that was doing ok but is now upgraded with new decoders - the Exploras (and 4136 HD Decoders) are far more signals-sensitive than older models.