Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Messed up Discovery ID

Old 2012-08-24 , 15:53
Still gets up to change channels

Angry Messed up Discovery ID

Hi there!

I understand that DSTV/Multichoice is perhaps not the correct avenue to complain to regarding programming as you are only responsible for programming as the channels provide to you. I am a big fan of the new Discovery ID. The programmes in the beginning was really interesting; I especially like the Paranormal stuff. However, I feel very aggrieved by the lack of respect this big brand channel have towards its viewers, with the regurgitated programming they seem to dish out every month. That's besides the fact that DSTV must be receiving the same wrong programming information for the past few months, because I can tell you now Crime Scene Psychics that is on the information bar and included in the daily programme guide on Discovery ID every day, just do not exist and has never been shown since its been advertised to present date.

Also, not only is the evening programming on Discovery ID (especially) incorrect every night for the past three months (at least) but it is the same regurgitated programming Discovery Networks seem to feel comfortable to dish out to me, the consumer. What was the point of adding two more new Discovery channels if you going to show the same shows?! Who does that?! Either the Discovery Networks people in South Africa are all senile or they are hoping they're viewers have all Alzheimers or amnesia. A classic example is the programme Dr G Medical Examiner where the same season (currently in season 4) is now shown on both Discovery ID (ch 252) at 22h40 and DiscoveryWorld (ch 250) at 22h50. That's besides the way Discovery ID regurgitate the same GhostLab, A Haunting and Haunted programmes; then they have the arrogance to advertise Paranormal Saturdays as a feature (as if the content is new!). As a DSTV premium subscriber, I know when I am being shortchanged. I mean, it is only fair that the entertainment that I choose and pay for to be of some kind of acceptable quality or, at the very least are so now and then new or fresh. As sad as this sounds, I honestly think that DSTV/Multichoice should consider cancelling Discovery ID channel. It's just unacceptable that Discovery Networks can get away with this farce.

So please can you send me the contact details or where I can submit a complaint about this. Someone needs to do something about this.

Thanking you in advance.
Old 2012-08-24 , 16:00
Changes remote batteries daily

i know it can be very frustrating, but also keep in mind that neither of these channels are premium only channels
That said I think its time for Discovery to start adding new content some of the stuff has been run and rerun and rerun and rerun again

and the fear of any network like Discovery having more channels is there are more places for them to repeat stuff so its just a matter of time for something screened on Discovery World or ID etc to move through the other channels too over time.
Old 2012-08-24 , 16:44
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnea View Post
Hi there!

I understand that DSTV/Multichoice is perhaps not the correct avenue to complain to regarding programming as you are only responsible for programming as the channels provide to you. I am a big fan of the new Discovery ID. The programmes in the beginning was really interesting; I especially like the Paranormal stuff. However, I feel very aggrieved by the lack of respect this big brand channel have towards its viewers, with the regurgitated programming they seem to dish out every month. That's besides the fact that DSTV must be receiving the same wrong programming information for the past few months, because I can tell you now Crime Scene Psychics that is on the information bar and included in the daily programme guide on Discovery ID every day, just do not exist and has never been shown since its been advertised to present date.

Also, not only is the evening programming on Discovery ID (especially) incorrect every night for the past three months (at least) but it is the same regurgitated programming Discovery Networks seem to feel comfortable to dish out to me, the consumer. What was the point of adding two more new Discovery channels if you going to show the same shows?! Who does that?! Either the Discovery Networks people in South Africa are all senile or they are hoping they're viewers have all Alzheimers or amnesia. A classic example is the programme Dr G Medical Examiner where the same season (currently in season 4) is now shown on both Discovery ID (ch 252) at 22h40 and DiscoveryWorld (ch 250) at 22h50. That's besides the way Discovery ID regurgitate the same GhostLab, A Haunting and Haunted programmes; then they have the arrogance to advertise Paranormal Saturdays as a feature (as if the content is new!). As a DSTV premium subscriber, I know when I am being shortchanged. I mean, it is only fair that the entertainment that I choose and pay for to be of some kind of acceptable quality or, at the very least are so now and then new or fresh. As sad as this sounds, I honestly think that DSTV/Multichoice should consider cancelling Discovery ID channel. It's just unacceptable that Discovery Networks can get away with this farce.

So please can you send me the contact details or where I can submit a complaint about this. Someone needs to do something about this.

Thanking you in advance.
Just a point, Discovery channels are available to certain bouquets, so a show may be on a channel only available to a certain subscriber. Also Discovery ID is not only on DSTV in South Africa but to the competition too.

G
Old 2012-08-27 , 07:38
MultiChoice

charnea, I have brought the issue of incorrect programming to the attention of both the channel and our EPG team.

Last edited by MC Thami; 2012-08-29 at 11:43. .
Old 2012-08-27 , 15:40

Thank you, Thami. Looking forward to seeing the corrective measures in programming.

C
Old 2012-08-29 , 11:42
MultiChoice

The channel has responded:

"The viewer’s complaint appears to be primarily about the number of repeats scheduled on Investigation Discovery, and the fact that some programmes – e.g. DR G: MEDICAL EXAMINER – also appear on other Discovery channnels.

Although the viewer claims that the programme CRIME SCENE PSYCHICS “does not exist” and “has never been shown”, it is certainly in our database, in the ID schedule and on the EPG, and I have received no amendment removing it from the schedule.

Sometimes groups of programmes are advertised collectively under themed “umbrella” titles, and this has been known on some occasions to cause confusion for viewers."
Old 2012-08-29 , 15:38

Angry

Hi Thami,

Somewhere in their system there must be a flaw. The program called CRIME SCENE PSYCHICS has never been shown and neither can it be a case of an umbrella themed title because from 8PM on Discovery ID channel programming is correct except when at 00:20 CRIME SCENE PSYCHICS is suppose to show (after the program THE HAUNTED) and another regurgitated repeat episode of A HAUNTING is in fact showing. I am a "night owl" and work from home till the early hours of the morning. I am not making up this or trying to be a difficult customer but there is something seriously wrong with Discovery ID's programming. The channel's programming is misleading, especially considering it advertises Saturdays as "Paranormal Saturdays" as a feature when it pretty much repeats everything it has shown since its existence. In fact, I really encourage you to go on your own home DSTV Electronic Guide and check it out yourself. The Channel's perception of what is suppose to be happening is not reality and the delivery of programming has reached a level beyond stale. At least, when BBC Channels expanded (although they do also repeat programming) they provide the viewer new content on its channels and I also find solace in watching the Crime Channel and Zone Reality, but the arrogance of Discovery to "launch" two new channels, of which Discovery ID is one; just to show the same evening programs. I don't mind repeats, but what Discovery ID channel delivers is robbery. I can't recall any other DSTV/Multichoice channels that repeats programming or mislead in programming like the Discovery ID Channel. Honestly, DSTV/Multichoice should consider cancelling this channel; I would suggest replace with another BBC channel rather.

Very disappointed by this feedback. Thank you for all your efforts, Thami.

Regards,

C
Old 2012-09-03 , 09:50
MultiChoice

Quote:
Hi there!

Thanking you in advance.

charnea, regarding Dr G Medical Examiner, the channel has responded as follows:

“We apologise that Dr G Medical Examiner was airing on ID and World at virtually the same time. They were different episodes but we appreciate that this is confusing for viewers and are making changes to our schedules to ensure this doesn’t happen again.”
Old 2012-09-03 , 10:05
MultiChoice

Quote:
Hi Thami,

Somewhere in their system there must be a flaw. The program called CRIME SCENE PSYCHICS has never been shown and neither can it be a case of an umbrella themed title because from 8PM on Discovery ID channel programming is correct except when at 00:20 CRIME SCENE PSYCHICS is suppose to show (after the program THE HAUNTED) and another regurgitated repeat episode of A HAUNTING is in fact showing. I am a "night owl" and work from home till the early hours of the morning. I am not making up this or trying to be a difficult customer but there is something seriously wrong with Discovery ID's programming. The channel's programming is misleading, especially considering it advertises Saturdays as "Paranormal Saturdays" as a feature when it pretty much repeats everything it has shown since its existence. In fact, I really encourage you to go on your own home DSTV Electronic Guide and check it out yourself. The Channel's perception of what is suppose to be happening is not reality and the delivery of programming has reached a level beyond stale. At least, when BBC Channels expanded (although they do also repeat programming) they provide the viewer new content on its channels and I also find solace in watching the Crime Channel and Zone Reality, but the arrogance of Discovery to "launch" two new channels, of which Discovery ID is one; just to show the same evening programs. I don't mind repeats, but what Discovery ID channel delivers is robbery. I can't recall any other DSTV/Multichoice channels that repeats programming or mislead in programming like the Discovery ID Channel. Honestly, DSTV/Multichoice should consider cancelling this channel; I would suggest replace with another BBC channel rather.

Very disappointed by this feedback. Thank you for all your efforts, Thami.

Regards,

C
C, I will get our Content team to put the channel on monitoring for some time to see if the problem persists.
Old 2012-09-03 , 10:38
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Hi Thami,

Somewhere in their system there must be a flaw. The program called CRIME SCENE PSYCHICS has never been shown and neither can it be a case of an umbrella themed title because from 8PM on Discovery ID channel programming is correct except when at 00:20 CRIME SCENE PSYCHICS is suppose to show (after the program THE HAUNTED) and another regurgitated repeat episode of A HAUNTING is in fact showing.
I can confirm that Crime Scene Psychics is on the EPG, but the actual programme shown is in fact A Haunting