Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Assistance with billing problem - Pricelock - Explora upgrade
Old 2017-06-07 , 19:24
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Angry Assistance with billing problem - Pricelock - Explora upgrade

Hi MC

I need assistance getting my billing query resolved. I have been waiting for 2 months for the DPP Department to contact me. I've called the call centre several times (which is reflected on your system) but they can't assist me as they say the DPP Department is handling the query and they will contact me.

I've been a subcriber for almost 20 years.

I had an SD + HD PVR XV setup.

On 24 March I signed up for the R899 Pricelock offer. 24 month contract which incuded an Explora, monthly subscription and access fee.

When signing up, I told the consultant TWICE that as I was renovating my house, the SD + HD PVR decoders would remain active for at least 2 more months and the Explora would only be activated once I was done with the renovations. He said it's not a problem at all. He said when I receive the Explora, I must call the call centre and tell them that. The calls are recorded so you can check to confirm this. I asked him twice if it was fine and that I wouldn't be doubled billed.

When I received the Explora a few days later, I called the contact centre on 28 March 2017, but a very rude call centre agent and equally rude supervisor (Priscilla Marogane) advised that either I was mistaken or I was given the incorrect information as this was not possible. They reluctantly​ agreed to escalate it to the Decoder Payment Plan (DPP) Department as they are the only ones who could handle the query. They said that someone would call me in a few days. No one called me so I called back on 31 March 2017. The consultant said they escalated it and asked their supervisor to follow up. I called again in early April and I was advised by a very polite agent who assured me that someone was dealing with this and I shouldn't worry as he could see the record of my calls and once the query was resolved, I would receive a refund.

On 2 June, I took my SD PVR to the Randburg service centre to trade in for the R999 offer for a Explora with installation. This was completed successfully.

On Tuesday 6 June, your installer arrived and installed the Explora, dish & slnb. I connected Exploras 2 & 3 in bedroom & Cottage and called the call centre to activate the 3 Exploras in XV (3 viewing environments).

After 3 calls of almost 3 hours over 2 days, the error codes (service blocked & smart card pairing error), all 3 exploras are finally working today, 7 June 7pm.

My account has debited with over R4000 plus my R844 card payment on 24 March. I see reversals on my transaction history in the DSTV now app but it's not reflecting the correct refund amount due to me R2265 and the call centre can't assist me because the DPP Department must handle it and they don't call me back.

I am very frustrated and I need assistance with the following:

1. Getting my refund and assuring the correct amount will be taken off on the next debit order date 25 June 2017

2. In the DSTV Now app, I can't set remote recordings on my connected Exploras. The decoders don't appear on the list when you click record in the app. I need this corrected.

Can the relevant moderator please PM me urgently so I can send my name, ID & account information.

PLEASE, I NEED THIS RESOLVED URGENTLY

------

Signed up on 24 March 2017 for R899 Pricelock option. Delivered 28 March

So I should be billed as follows:
R899 for the period 25 March to 24 April
R899 for the period 25 April to 24 May
R899 for the period 25 May to 24 June
Plus R51 (additional access fee Pro rata of R85 activated 6 June)
= R2748

Less payments
Paid R844 via credit card 24/03/2017
Debit order payment R2396.80 25/04/2017
Debit order payment R1773 25/05/2017
= R5013.80

So Refund due to me is R2265.8

And future debit orders (after the refund is processed) - next debit order date 25 June 2017 should be R984 (R899 Pricelock plus R85 access fee for 3rd decoder)
Old 2017-06-07 , 20:01
Changes remote batteries hourly

Guess who...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadil View Post
2. In the DSTV Now app, I can't set remote recordings on my connected Exploras. The decoders don't appear on the list when you click record in the app. I need this corrected.
See this thread: http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=35898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadil View Post
Can the relevant moderator please PM me urgently so I can send my name, ID & account information.
Send a PM to MC Solomon.
Old 2017-06-07 , 20:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Guess who...

See this thread: http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=35898

Send a PM to MC Solomon.
Haha. How's it going Optimist?

Thanks. I have now managed to link the smart cards to my dstv connect profile. They weren't displaying earlier this afternoon. So item 2 is now resolved.

I will send MC Solomon a PM.

Have a good evening. Thanks for the help
Old 2017-06-07 , 21:56
Changes remote batteries hourly

Going ok, hope your evening goes well too now :-)

Solomon can get a bit busy sometimes, but he's the man to sort this out.
Old 2017-06-19 , 14:40

This has been resolved. I have received my refund.