Old 2014-04-04 , 18:56
Still gets up to change channels

Default Goodbye Monochoice

After being a paying costumer for the past 24 years, I have finally lost it........

Calling the "Call Centre" ( which I pay for R 740.00 per month) just to request a quote resulted in 43mins on hold ......

All I needed was a quote for Insurance purposes, as lightning has taken out 2 PVR's in my house.

Sorry - gooooooooooooooooooodbye

I will not pay my subs, I will not EVER be a subscriber again

Cheers, good riddance to another gravy train beneficiary
Old 2014-04-04 , 20:49
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi, it's not related to this section as it's not a decoder caused fault so if you want to reach the right people best to re-post in the Service Queries section by Monday.

We've all wondered about this every time it crops up, usually around the beginning of a month due to the typical billing bottleneck.
I think the issue is that it's difficult and a lengthy process to train call centre agents so hiring extra temp staff for these periods can't really work. It seems to be a general problem with companies.
Old 2014-04-09 , 16:17
Knows how to use a remote

Thats a pathetic excuse Optomist. Monochoice suck. Its a totalatarian institution that doessnt really give a hoot about its subscribers as its got the market cornered. I give them another 18 months and there subscriber base will start declining with the likes of Unotelly and Netflix comming on strong and bandwidths opening up and becoming faster and cheaper.I for one can't wait to cancel my over priced subscription.
Old 2014-04-10 , 14:51
MultiChoice

That is a great pity that you feel that way. We do in fact care very much about our subscribers. We know the service experience in the call centre at the moment is far from ideal - we're working hard at correcting that. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience.

If you PM me your contact details, I will ask someone to contact you to sort out the decoder insurance for you.
Old 2014-04-10 , 15:18
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
We know the service experience in the call centre at the moment is far from ideal - we're working hard at correcting that
The service from your call centre has been like this for a couple of years now - as MC grows, the call centre should grow alike. I somehow agree with most people that the only good thing to watch these days is DSTV, way better than SABC & ETV, if MC has a competition, trust me - MC will act very very fast about customer service and MC knows this

MC should be a good relationship with their client now because sooner rather than later, there will be a competitor in the SA market
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2014-04-10 , 16:08

I think we've just heard that said once years ago but not sure. If this is what the problem is about then pathetic excuse doesn't apply to the facts, nothing directly helpful to this kind of problem seems economically possible but it doesn't end there.

No, MC are not doing nothing, instead growth and compensative options are being examined and implemented, how about first reading and perhaps adding to the thread in this section where it is being discussed right now - http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=21763
Old 2014-05-10 , 07:07
Still listens to the wireless

Default goodbye monochoice

and the other problems...supersport....no lemans no more dstv..
Old 2014-05-10 , 09:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
That is a great pity that you feel that way. We do in fact care very much about our subscribers. We know the service experience in the call centre at the moment is far from ideal - we're working hard at correcting that. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience
The "service experience from the call center" has always been poor .. it's not only "at the moment". It has been MC's weakest communication method for many, many years.