Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Now > Dstv now no longer supported on tv boxes
Old 2018-03-20 , 17:44
MultiChoice

Hi All

Only Android devices that are Google Certified are supported. Google only certifies devices that include proprietary apps under license from Google and pass Android compatibility testing.

We use the Google SafetyNet API to ensure that devices are not rooted (including factory rooted) or have a tampered boot loader. SafetyNet also ensures that the Google Play Store is supported by default on a device and the device is not running a side loaded version. We do not support side loading the DStv Now app on devices, the app must be installed via the play store.

DStv Now apps are also available for certain Android devices (tablets, phones and Android TV device). Note that DStv upgrades it’s security requirements from time-to-time to comply with rights agreements. This may impact devices that don’t comply with these changes.

To access full list of supported devices, refer here https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1727131?hl=en

Last edited by MC Grace; 2018-03-20 at 18:10. .
Old 2018-03-20 , 17:48
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Grace View Post
Hi All

See if your device works with Google Play by checking the list below. When you download the PDF file, devices are ordered alphabetically (A-Z) by manufacturer name. Follow this link here https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1727131?hl=en

Consider using the correct wording.
All our devices work with Google Play.
So if Google play works on our devices then DSTV Now will work????

Do you know what Google certification is???
Old 2018-03-20 , 17:50
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconradie View Post
Well done on removing my previous comment Grace.
No freedom of speech on this forum.
They delete your post bud? What did you say to deserve that?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 2018-03-20 , 17:53
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentvdb21 View Post
They delete your post bud? What did you say to deserve that?
He was personally rude to Grace, otherwise they almost always won't delete.
She does her best to pass info back and forth, one of our hardest trying Mods...
Old 2018-03-20 , 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
She does her best to pass info back and forth, one of our hardest trying Mods...

She could've just copy and pasted the link instead of making a person that's clearly unsure of how to check if a device is google certified go hunt for it.

Or even at least said which post number but she neglected to do that as well.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Grace....

Thanks for always responding in a timeous manner.
Old 2018-03-20 , 17:59
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Lol I see. Dont blame people for being frustrated though. If MC want to upset the public by pulling these moves what do they expect?

MC why are dstv now streams so delayed? I was testing an IPTV service which has a few supersport channels and TV their channel was about 5 seconds ahead of my dstv now channel.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 2018-03-20 , 18:27
MultiChoice

The broadcast settings for each path is different, hence the delay.
Old 2018-03-20 , 20:52
Technical Myriad

okay, so here are the devices in our household, that no longer work despite being on the lists supplied.

1. Huawei Y3II HWLUA-L6735 HUAWEI LUA-L01
2. Samsung Galaxy J3(2016) j3xnlte SM-J320FN
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 espresso10rf GT-P5100
4. Vodafone Tab mini 7 Tab7 VFD 1100

ALL these devices are on the list of certified Google devices. ALL these dividers ran DStv Now at one time or another BEFORE the latest Now app update. ALL these devices can no longer install the Now app because of a memory issue because the APP will NOT install or move onto an SD card and the internal memory is too small. On the J3, even if I remove ALL the apps that can be removed Now still wont install anymore. The internal apps installed that cannot be removed absorb ALL available memory!

The devices are bog standard as delivered by the supplier (Vodacom and MTN) NONE of the devices have been "rooted" I don't bother with such actions at all.

I would appreciate comment from MC as to what is going on as your assurance that devices on the list WILL work, is basically worth nothing. What guarantee is there that any device someone purchase, that is on the list on the date of purchase, is going to work after the next App update???

Basically DStv Now is now useless to us.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2018-03-25 , 05:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
okay, so here are the devices in our household, that no longer work despite being on the lists supplied.

1. Huawei Y3II HWLUA-L6735 HUAWEI LUA-L01
2. Samsung Galaxy J3(2016) j3xnlte SM-J320FN
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 espresso10rf GT-P5100
4. Vodafone Tab mini 7 Tab7 VFD 1100

ALL these devices are on the list of certified Google devices. ALL these dividers ran DStv Now at one time or another BEFORE the latest Now app update. ALL these devices can no longer install the Now app because of a memory issue because the APP will NOT install or move onto an SD card and the internal memory is too small. On the J3, even if I remove ALL the apps that can be removed Now still wont install anymore. The internal apps installed that cannot be removed absorb ALL available memory!

The devices are bog standard as delivered by the supplier (Vodacom and MTN) NONE of the devices have been "rooted" I don't bother with such actions at all.

I would appreciate comment from MC as to what is going on as your assurance that devices on the list WILL work, is basically worth nothing. What guarantee is there that any device someone purchase, that is on the list on the date of purchase, is going to work after the next App update???

Basically DStv Now is now useless to us.
Interesting how multichoice don't have a response to this.... 🤔
Old 2018-03-25 , 18:39
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconradie View Post
Interesting how multichoice don't have a response to this.... 🤔
I am not surprised at all at the lack of response form MC. They have no valid answers to offer.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.