Old 2010-06-10 , 17:59
Still gets up to change channels

Default searches for signal

Hi i have a new dsd 1110(+2) decoder and quite an old dish installation. the problem i have is when you change channels very early in the morning IE 6am the decoder loses its signal and cannot find the signal. if you leave the decoder on and do not change the channel it is fine.the message that comes up says there is a problem with your LNB instalation.i have checked the connection there is no moisture on the LNB or the Dish.I did notice that the plastic/rubber cover on the LNB that faces the dish is quite weathered . once the problem goes away later in the day i do not have any of the above problems!!Any Ideas assistance greatly appreciated thanks Harry
Old 2010-06-10 , 20:01
Changes remote batteries hourly.

sounds like your LNB is faulty or weathered. Becareful as it could damage the decoder esp if you get an LNB warning.
Old 2010-06-11 , 10:24
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by satigger View Post
Hi i have a new dsd 1110(+2) decoder and quite an old dish installation. the problem i have is when you change channels very early in the morning IE 6am the decoder loses its signal and cannot find the signal. if you leave the decoder on and do not change the channel it is fine.the message that comes up says there is a problem with your LNB instalation.i have checked the connection there is no moisture on the LNB or the Dish.I did notice that the plastic/rubber cover on the LNB that faces the dish is quite weathered . once the problem goes away later in the day i do not have any of the above problems!!Any Ideas assistance greatly appreciated thanks Harry
Yup LNB is busy dying on you, early morning condesnation inside = a short = long term failure on the way = get a new one = DECIDE before you replace what you want to do in the future so that you can buy the correct replacement LNB
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Tags
lnb, lose signal