Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Supersport showing the scores from football other games on-screen without any warning

Old 2011-12-26 , 18:26
Still gets up to change channels

Default Supersport showing the scores from football other games on-screen without any warning

I'm amazed no-one at Supersport has yet picked up this and put it to a stop. During live coverage on Premier League games, some genius decides to show Supersport adverts for games on other channels, and with them, the score from the game, without any prior warning. Has no-one at Supersport noticed the Premier League channel's way of doing it, which is to bring up a box saying "Latest Scores" for a few seconds, before actually displaying the latest scores? Some people, especially with the advent of PVR and Supersport showing so many games concurrently, like to record a game and watch it after the other, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THE SCORE IS.

Please sort it out.
Old 2011-12-27 , 00:18
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

This was especially annoying today in the latter part of the Liverpool-Blackburn match on SS7 (207): the ads kept coming up every few minutes.
Old 2011-12-28 , 15:26
4K, baby!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snails View Post
......Some people, especially with the advent of PVR and Supersport showing so many games concurrently, like to record a game and watch it after the other, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THE SCORE IS......Please sort it out.
100% agree, Snails.

There should be a warning to look away if you don't want to see the other results or scores; BEFORE the results or scores are displayed.

Cheers, K.
Old 2012-01-09 , 16:17

No-one at Supersport going to comment on this?
Old 2012-01-17 , 14:20

Still no reply from anyone and still Supersport keep showing the scores on other games...
Old 2012-01-18 , 12:46
4K, baby!

I don't know about anyone else but once I know the result of a game I very seldom bother to watch it when it is rebroadcast or if I have recorded it on the PVR. All the excitement is taken out of the game when one knows the final score is say 1 - 0 and then when watching the recording the goal is scored in the first few minutes of the game. You know that no matter what happens from then on no goal is going to be scored.

Please MC advise us when scores are going to be updated on our screens so that we can look away or block the scores by whatever means we would like to use. Holding a piece of paper up to cover the bottom half of the screen as an example.

Oh and an answer from someone at MC to the question(s) posed earlier would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 2012-01-18 , 13:56
SuperSport

Unfortunately this is out of our control, as this feed is produced by the Premier League Channel and the updates are done from their London studio.
Old 2012-01-18 , 14:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Clinton View Post
Unfortunately this is out of our control, as this feed is produced by the Premier League Channel and the updates are done from their London studio.
No, they're not. When the Premier League channel does it, they bring up a thing saying "Latest Scores", allowing you time to look away, and then scroll the scores along the bottom of the screen. When Supersport do it, a banner appears at the bottom of the screen with no warning, saying, for example, "Manchester United 3-0 Bolton Wanderers, Live now on SS3". Either don't show the latest score when advertising matches on other channels, or bring up a warning beforehand. Simple.
Old 2012-01-18 , 14:04
Changes remote batteries daily

If I want to know the scores in any of the games, I simply press"OK" and get them from the SuperSportZone (or whatever it's called) Especially the one's that aren't being televised.
They might not be up to the minute, but close enough. I'd also rather not have them scrolling across the sceen.
Old 2012-01-20 , 12:16

So we get a typical incorrect excuse reply from MC Clinton after a month, and then he goes back to ignoring the thread when corrected... Ridiculous.