Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Remote Controls > Program old 660 'Cokw-Bottle' remote into SDPVR remote (2007)
Old 2009-09-05 , 19:15
Still listens to the wireless

Default Program old 660 'Coke-Bottle' remote into SDPVR remote (2007)

We have an old DSD660 decoder at our holiday home, and it's remote's days are numbered. I know there are codes to program old MC remotes into the newer multifuntion remotes, but that is on a seperate pamflet, which I have lost long since, and I can't find a pdf of that document anywhere.

Does anyone know the code I need to program this old 660 remote into a 2007 SDPVR remote?

Last edited by erikb; 2009-09-05 at 21:43. .
Old 2009-09-05 , 23:04
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikb View Post
We have an old DSD660 decoder at our holiday home, and it's remote's days are numbered. I know there are codes to program old MC remotes into the newer multifuntion remotes, but that is on a seperate pamflet, which I have lost long since, and I can't find a pdf of that document anywhere.

Does anyone know the code I need to program this old 660 remote into a 2007 SDPVR remote?
I stand to be corrected but I think the code for the dsd 660 is already pre programmed into this remote when you turn the dial to X. (it might also by Y or Z)
Old 2009-09-07 , 08:21
Changes remote batteries daily

The manual is a sticky on the forum in the Remote Controls section http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=40
Old 2009-09-07 , 09:36
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRay View Post
The manual is a sticky on the forum in the Remote Controls section http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=40
AFAIK that manual doesn't have the codes in it for the old multichoice remotes.
Old 2009-09-08 , 09:20
MultiChoice

I am overseas, so I am working off memory here, but I think the remote code is 21363 to get the 660 to react to the SD or HD PVR remote. (Press and hold SHIFT till the window blinks three times, then enter the code)
Old 2009-09-09 , 08:09
Changes remote batteries daily

Can I make a different suggestion?
Have you already bought the new universal remote?
If not, I personally would rather buy a new 1110 for R399. That will not only get you a new remote, but a new decoder too for roughly twice the price of a new universal remote.

The DSD660 is in its twilight years (I’m not saying it’s a bad decoder – I had one for years till I got the Dual View) and it may start giving you other problems too.
Tags
660, sdpvr