Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Installation > Run 2x4 multiswitch without DC terminator on unused port?
Old 2010-06-15 , 15:08
Still gets up to change channels

Default Run 2x4 multiswitch without DC terminator on unused port?

Hi all,

I'm about to replace my current DualView decoder with an HD PVR (2 tuner) + 1131.

I have a 2x4 multiswitch but only three of the outputs will be used.

I haven't managed to get hold of a F-Type DC Block Terminator yet (probably have to make a trip out to Space TV).

Is it dangerous (in terms of damage to decoder, LNB or multiswitch) to run the setup in the meantime WITHOUT a terminator on the one unused port?

Thanks very much!

Kind Regards,

Richard
Old 2010-06-15 , 15:14
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardza777 View Post
Hi all,

I'm about to replace my current DualView decoder with an HD PVR (2 tuner) + 1131.

I haven't managed to get hold of a F-Type DC Block Terminator yet (probably have to make a trip out to Space TV).

Is it dangerous (in terms of damage to decoder, LNB or multiswitch) to run the setup in the meantime WITHOUT a terminator on the one unused port?

Thanks very much!

Kind Regards,

Richard
No it is unlikley to cause damage so you can use it without it being terminated.
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2010-06-15 , 15:21
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardza777 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks very much!

Kind Regards,

Richard
alternatively get a “free to air” decoder and use it with that extra port to monitor LNB signal whenever your DSTV decoders misbehave

silent witness
Old 2010-06-15 , 21:26
Still gets up to change channels

Default Activating the new setup (and deactivating the old)?

Awesome, thanks very much for the info.

Another quick question:

Once I've installed the new decoders, do I just phone MC and tell them I want to deactivate the Dual View decoder; activate the new decoders & smart cards and activate XtraView & PVR, or is there something else I must ask them to do?