Forum > Decoders > Remotes > A7 Remote not transmitting over IR
Old 2017-01-11 , 10:53
Still gets up to change channels

Default A7 Remote not transmitting over IR

I have had a problem with my A7 remote. I have an HDMI extender over CAT6 with IR function to another room. This has been in and worked for 4 years+. I found my IR control, with the A7, stopped working last week after a few months of using it upstairs. (downstairs I still use the A6 for both Explora's) After lots of route cause analysis, I bought a new HDMI extender with IR, installed it and found I still could not get the remote to work. After much knashing of teeth and experimentation, I then used my old A6 remote upstairs and bingo, IR transmit worked again. I can use the A7 if I am sitting in front of the decoder, but it does not work over IR extend anymore.
Does anyone know if the A7 remote can "go out of phase"?