Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Slow response from Explora
Old 2017-06-19 , 08:39
Still gets up to change channels

Default Slow response from Explora

Good day all. Has anyone else experienced very slow response when using the remote with the Explora since last Friday? Or is it just my Explora giving problems?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by MC Marietjie; 2017-06-19 at 11:30. .
Old 2017-06-19 , 08:44
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi,

There were one or two other reports of this last week - one seemed related but not sure about the other one.

Is it a constant problem? If not, when did you last experience it?
Old 2017-06-19 , 10:38

Hi Optimist. I have had this problem about two months ago. I thought it was the remote itself. I changed the remote but the fault remained. However the fault cleared the next day on it's own. This time however it is still here after three days and counting. I have reduced my hard drive storage to 70% and done a factory restore and changed the remote batteries and remote. Still not resolved though.

Old 2017-06-19 , 10:46
Changes remote batteries daily

I had the odd instance or 2 recently where the Explora did not respond at all when I typed in a channel number (to change channels). Only at the 2nd attempt did the numbers register (almost as if the Explora was snoozing).
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-06-20 , 07:33

Good day all. Why is MC not responding to any of our problems. I am sitting with an extremely frustrating situation with slow response times with the remote. Someone else has failed recordings. What is the response from MC? Deafening silence!!
Unbelievable. Imagine if we could be so unresponsive with our monthly subscription payments . Wouldn't that be nice. Where is your feedback MC? It seems that when I do not spell Expora correctly by using the correct English pronunciation of Explorer it is corrected by the moderator but my actual problem is not addressed at all. Sad.

Old 2017-06-20 , 08:36

MC does respond here, sometimes it takes at least a few days while they investigate.
What you've missed is what was touched on about this in other threads, and the strong theory is that it could be related to current EPG problems that we've been told are being addressed with urgency - there's a number of detailed threads about that wider subject elsewhere on the forum with quite a bit of feedback.

Your title having been edited by a Mod at least says your thread has been seen and the info passed on.
Old 2017-06-20 , 08:59
Knows how to use a remote

Hi francet

I am sincerely sorry for the delay in responding but can assure you we have been investigating. I was wrong not to let you know this.

I will revert as soon as i have word from the tech team.

Thank you
Old 2017-06-20 , 11:53

This was just posted elsewhere, also applies to this thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Sandipa View Post
Hi all

Tech team has asked for this exercise to be performed and for you to give us feedback please?

1) Perform channel change using the remote while the TV is ON and check the response.
2) If this is easily seen then please switch off TV and do a channel change and check how quick the channel changes by looking at the front panel.
3) If the reaction is faster with the TV switched off then one of the TV settings must be causing the TV to emit infrared signals.

This scenario was seen with our TV's when we launched the Explora which was fixed by changing TV settings. Such settings would be Energy saving mode or TV back-lighting which need to be turned off.

Thanks
Old 2017-06-20 , 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
This was just posted elsewhere, also applies to this thread;
Thanks Optimist!
Old 2017-06-20 , 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by francet View Post
Good day all. Has anyone else experienced very slow response when using the remote with the Explora since last Friday? Or is it just my Explora giving problems?
I have noticed it, from about the same time. Press a button, wait a few seconds to get a response. Occurs sporadically. Explora 1.