Forum > Content > General > Daytime Viewing Logo
Old 2017-06-17 , 12:24
4K, baby!

Default Daytime Viewing Logo

Seeing as we currently have a logo alongside the M HD sign at the top of our screen advising that the program that I have been watching is PRIME TIME LATE NIGHT viewing can I please have similar stating MORNING PRIME TIME AND AFTERNOON PRIME TIME logos so that I can tell if I'm watching a show during the morning or afternoon? Thank you.

Can MC kindly advise why we need to be TOLD that the program is PRIME TIME LATE NIGHT viewing? Surely the age restriction that comes with the show is all that's required?

Until such time as MC gives me a reasonable answer I'll consider this logo to be one of the all time brainless decisions that they've perhaps ever taken. Please tell me what the purpose of this logo is?

Thank you.
Old 2017-06-17 , 13:30
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Seeing as we currently have a logo alongside the M HD sign at the top of our screen advising that the program that I have been watching is PRIME TIME LATE NIGHT viewing can I please have similar stating MORNING PRIME TIME AND AFTERNOON PRIME TIME logos so that I can tell if I'm watching a show during the morning or afternoon? Thank you.
Why stop there? Maybe there also ought to be a BREAKFAST PRIME TIME and LUNCH PRIME TIME so that you know what meal you should be eating while you're watching.
Old 2017-06-17 , 14:29
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
Why stop there? Maybe there also ought to be a BREAKFAST PRIME TIME and LUNCH PRIME TIME so that you know what meal you should be eating while you're watching.
Excellent idea. Would be a great help for us oldies and give us an idea of just where in the day we are?
Old 2017-06-17 , 15:47
Changes remote batteries hourly

Just visiting...

Logo extensions cartoon.jpg
Old 2017-06-17 , 18:15
Knows how to use a remote

Agreed. I pay to watch the programs I choose, not have scenes (particularly dark ones) ruined by offensively large and bright logos which I really don't need or want. And please reduce the size and brightness of the M logo too... or bring back Edge so I can avoid MNET again!
Old 2017-06-17 , 20:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDavid View Post
And please reduce the size and brightness of the M logo too... or bring back Edge so I can avoid MNET again!
Catch Up (CU) as well.

Here's the difference between HD CU & SD CU, I kid you not...

Logo HD CU.jpg

Logo SD CU.jpg
Old 2017-06-17 , 20:16
Knows how to use a remote

lol, that is... interesting
Old 2017-06-19 , 10:31

I'm going to add one more comment, then drop this issue.

It's not that we don't appreciate a lot of what M-Net does, and much of it is very good, it's that the things they don't do well are a real problem and the attention that deserves is too lacking or slow.

In particular, this is an oooold issue which should never have needed to resurface. The channel group knows all too well about how their public feels about loud logos and any extensions, and far beyond this forum as well.
Whatever happened to the "glass" logo that was truly a lot better (although still on the large side)??

Please! We're not going to ever feel differently about any of this, and you're losing some of us due to the inaction, one way or another - I've avoided late night viewing for months.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-06-19 at 10:42. . Reason: Typo
Old 2017-06-19 , 13:10
MultiChoice

Hi there folks, I have spoken to the channel director at M-Net and this logo will be dropped before tonight's broadcast.
Old 2017-06-19 , 13:11
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Hi there folks, I have spoken to the channel director at M-Net and this logo will be dropped before tonight's broadcast.
Great news indeed - thank you very much MoM!
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.