Forum > Decoders > Installation > Remote TV Eye Link
Old 2017-06-14 , 17:18
Still listens to the wireless

Default Remote TV Eye Link

Can somebody assist me!!!

After successfully installing my three Exploras, I then decided to add another Tv to my existing via the Tv Link eye. It is working and I can view all my three Channels on the TV as well as the Playlists.

Now, my problem is every time I change a channel via the link, it changes on all the three TVs at the same time, it bugs the hell out of me. How can I correct this and only link it to one TV, or only change the channel on decoder that I am watching only not all three. If it mean that I must sacrifice all the other playlists, its fine. As long as I cannot be bugged everytime a channel is changed.

YaLiRo_M
Explora 2A linked 2 Explora 1 on XV3 via TVL2XV3 and fourth TV via link eye...
Avid DIYer and still yearning to learn more!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2017-06-14 , 18:41
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi, let's see what we can do to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaliro103 View Post
It is working and I can view all my three Channels on the TV as well as the Playlists.
Firstly, this will be confusing people so let's clear it up - what you're apparently saying is that you can view all 3 decoders on the 4th extra TV with the TV Link, the Playlist is part of each Explora's ability to offer its services so no need to mention that as a separate item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaliro103 View Post
Now, my problem is every time I change a channel via the link, it changes on all the three TVs at the same time, it bugs the hell out of me. How can I correct this and only link it to one TV, or only change the channel on decoder that I am watching only not all three. If it mean that I must sacrifice all the other playlists, its fine. As long as I cannot be bugged everytime a channel is changed.
What seems to be going on here is that you've left all 3 Exploras' remote settings on "Mode 1".
I'm going to help you correct that, but just in the most simple way as you currently don't require any additional distance control other than what you've mentioned.

After doing this, if you want to alter which decoder you're controlling from the 4th TV you will just have to change to the correct mode needed on that remote.
Whether you have the A7 remotes, or a mix of those and the A6 remotes, doesn't matter - there's instructions on how to change the mode easily in the booklets that came with them.

Changing the remote modes on the decoders themselves is a little more tricky but only has to be done once.
Each decoder room's remote is then set to the corresponding mode for that decoder.

Decide which two of the Exploras are going to get mode 2 and mode 3.
I would suggest that the Primary XV decoder (Explora 2a?) gets to be left alone with still using mode 1.
Don't change any modes anywhere yet, only as per my instructions that follow.

1. On the decoder that you've designated for using mode 2;
In the menu go to Settings \ System Settings \ Remote Control
Change Mode 2 to from "Ignore" to "Respond" and then press the OK button.
Now change the remote itself to Mode 2 with the booklet's instructions.
Go into the remote menu again and change Mode 1 from "Respond" to "Ignore" and then press the OK button.
That's all you have to do there.

2. On the decoder that you've designated for using mode 3;
In the Remote menu change Mode 3 to from "Ignore" to "Respond" and then press the OK button.
Now change the remote itself to Mode 3 with the booklet's instructions.
Go into the remote menu again and change Mode 1 from "Respond" to "Ignore" and then press the OK button.
That will complete what has to be done.

Let us know how it goes
I can't be sure when I'll be able to help further if you do need more advice.
Old 2017-06-15 , 06:50
Still listens to the wireless

Thanks
I am now sorted. I must just now get everyone up to speed in how to use it. Changing of the remote modes!!!

YaLiRo_M
Explora 2A linked 2 Explora 1 on XV3 via TVL2XV3 and fourth TV via link eye...
Avid DIYer and still yearning to learn more!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2017-06-19 , 12:03
Technical Myriad

Just to add some more info.

The Exploras appear to come out with default remote settings as being "respond" to all 3 modes.

What you have to do is ensure that each decoder is set to respond to only one mode, with all the others set to either "Ignore" or "relay".

"Ignore" if the decoders are all in the same room, and "relay" if the decoders are in different rooms AND you want to be able to control and view content on all decoders everywhere. The order in which you make the changes is to ensure that you do not lose control over the decoders before you have set any of the values to "Ignore" especially. One mode on each decoder MUST always be set to "Respond", BEFORE you change the other modes!.

Lastly, we stopped all the issues with who has control over which decoder by having a dedicated remote per decoder. Whomever claims that remote is the boss of that decoder until he or she relinquishes control by handing over that remote! I went so far as to preventing the remote form ever being changed from one mode to another ... but that is another topic. I also have a "master" remote for emergencies.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-06-19 , 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
The Exploras appear to come out with default remote settings as being "respond" to all 3 modes.
No (last I knew), for default they are all set to respond to Mode 1 only with the other modes on Ignore.
Old 2017-06-19 , 13:52
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
No (last I knew), for default they are all set to respond to Mode 1 only with the other modes on Ignore.
I think this might have changed again. I recently had to do a Reset To Factory Default on an Explora (not my personal one ) and I'm almost certain I had to change modes 1 & 3 to inactive again afterwards.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-06-19 , 14:04

Maybe different from the factory's setting. Either way what a very weird and disruptive default then, especially since one setting is not easily changed (as can be seen in my above assistance)
Old 2017-06-19 , 15:48

Suggested all round solution, please pass on:

1. Defaults are always set up for mode 1 Respond only.
2. Resets always honour the user's settings if possible, else resets to the above.

3. When a user attempts to change from mode 1 with his RCU still set to mode 1 - don't have it greyed out, rather allow it but then let a message pop up;
"To disable this mode, please first change to the new mode on your remote control as per its instructions and then press ok.
Press exit to cancel."
If the mode is disabled, the software automatically enables "Respond" for the mode that the RCU has just been changed to (unless it has already been set to one of the two usage choices).

4. When a user attempts to alter the mode with his RCU set to the same mode - just allow it, changing between Respond & Relay choices should just be allowed.

Editing completed, thanks.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-06-19 at 16:08. . Reason: Fine tuning my idea...
Old 2017-06-19 , 16:11

I would appreciate any feedback re the above from MC / other Forumites, thnx
Old 2017-06-19 , 16:31
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

optimist im not sure what your asking,
the decoder automatically comminucates to the remote mode selected and changes that mode to grey . the other modes must be changed to either relay or ignore , default mode is always set to respond on remote mode 1. im still not sure if i answered you correctly .