Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Service Queries > Service Queries > Decoder Care Contract while decoder is under warranty
Old 2009-08-17 , 12:19
Changes remote batteries daily

Question Decoder Care Contract while decoder is under warranty

I bought a HDPVR about a year ago (14/08/08) and at the time of purchase I requested the DCC on this decoder as well - I have it for my SDPVR.

I recently got an electronic account statement for the first time and I noticed that only the SDPVR's DCC is charged. Is the DCC a chargeable item while the decoder is under warranty?

I want to make sure the HDPVR is covered as it is now out of its one year warranty period. I called the call centre yesterday, but gave up after 20 minutes of holding (patience is a virtue I am yet to receive ).

I've sent a mail to mailroom@multichoice.co.za on 13/08/09 but I have not received a reply to date.

Also what happens now that the SDPVR is no longer available and it needs to be swapped under the DCC plan?
Old 2009-08-17 , 12:43
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

You can still be covered while its under warranty as the DCC covers theft, lightning etc that isnt part of the normal 1 year guarantee (but of cos most of us have normal insurance anyway)

With the SDPVR, they have a bunch of refurbished ones that they are using to swop out for faulty ones. So i spose they are just repairing & recycling any that come back in
Old 2009-08-17 , 12:51
MultiChoice | Customer Care

[QUOTE=JGpta;24758]I bought a HDPVR about a year ago (14/08/08) and at the time of purchase I requested the DCC on this decoder as well - I have it for my SDPVR.

Quote:
I recently got an electronic account statement for the first time and I noticed that only the SDPVR's DCC is charged. Is the DCC a chargeable item while the decoder is under warranty?
Yes, it is...

Quote:
I want to make sure the HDPVR is covered as it is now out of its one year warranty period. I called the call centre yesterday, but gave up after 20 minutes of holding (patience is a virtue I am yet to receive ).
Please PM your details to me, and I'll get someone to activate your DCC on the HD PVR

I've sent a mail to mailroom@multichoice.co.za on 13/08/09 but I have not received a reply to date.

Quote:
Also what happens now that the SDPVR is no longer available and it needs to be swapped under the DCC plan?
There are no new SD PVR's being manufactured, but we still have service stock, and will continue to have service stock to cater for any faulty SD PVR's
Old 2009-08-17 , 13:02
Changes remote batteries daily

Thanks for the replies Merv G & Natasha.

I guess the HDPVR's DCC was never activated then.
PM sent.

Thanks for the quick response. First class!