Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > whats the point of the contact centre?
Old 2009-06-25 , 18:26
Still gets up to change channels

Default whats the point of the contact centre?

I've been trying to get through to the contact centre for hours now to help with the issue I'm having where the signal for certain channels are not available, but I've been on hold the whole time! Whats the damn point of a contact centre if no-one is there to help?

Absolutely Shocking.
Old 2009-06-25 , 18:41
MultiChoice

Sorry to hear that. I've just checked with our command centre who advise there isn't a general problem (with channel reception). Please can you confirm what type of installation you have, plus decoder model? Also, please supply info on specific channels. Tx

Last edited by MC Brenda; 2009-06-25 at 18:43. .
Old 2009-06-25 , 18:48

I've got an HD PVR Premium Bouquet, from the ones i've seen these are the channels for which there is no signal: 120, 124, 126, 170, 180, 184, 204, 231, 251, 255, 261, 264, 305, 306. The TV Guide is not showing anything either. There is no info on the i-plate either for what is showing and what is to come on the channels that are working.
Old 2009-06-25 , 19:01
MultiChoice

Thanks for the info. The bit about not having EPG info clearly points to a problem with the connections to your decoder or the signal coming from the dish itself. I have just checked the HD PVR here, and there are no problems as you describe them.
Suggest the following : Check the connection to tuner 4 on the decoder. It nothing is obviously wrong (ie. not loose) swop it with the tuner 1 or tuner 3 cable and see if the situation improves. Tuner 4 is used by the decoder to get the EPG info as well as the "access" commands. It could be a faulty connector on the box, or a problem with the cable connected to tuner 4 (if your installation uses a multi-switch), the port to which the tuner 4 cable is connected, may be faulty. Please let us know? PS : I'm moving this thread to the HD PVR technical thread.
Old 2009-06-25 , 19:16

Thanks. I've found the faulty connector and its all working again.
Old 2009-06-26 , 08:12
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_cpt View Post
I've been trying to get through to the contact centre for hours now to help with the issue I'm having where the signal for certain channels are not available, but I've been on hold the whole time! Whats the damn point of a contact centre if no-one is there to help?

Absolutely Shocking.
Hi Drew,

Due to the game yesterday (SA & Brazil), we took an unpprecedented number of calls ranging from new subscriber activations to reconnects. As a result, our call centre was extremely busy, which is why the hold time for customers trying to call in was high.

Please accept our apologies.
Old 2009-06-26 , 08:22
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

That doesnt make much sense seeing as the game was on SABC1 as well
Old 2009-06-26 , 08:28
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA CCS Natasha View Post
This is getting ridiculous, on my doorstep with coffee and cookies.
Old 2009-06-26 , 10:34
Still listens to the wireless

Default Slow Response

Hi I HAVE THE HD PVR DECODER EVERY TIME I SWITCH IT ON IT TAKES TYM TO RESPOND TO REMOTE COMMANDS BUT WORKS PROPERLY WHEN CHANGING MANUALLY. PLEASE ADVICE AS THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING. ALSO THE DECODER CAN NOT CLEAR MY SCHEDULED RECORDING TRIED TO CLEAN THEM BUT EVERY DAY IT RECORDS THE SAME PROGRAM.
Old 2009-08-07 , 11:50

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA CCS Natasha View Post
Hi Drew,

Due to the game yesterday (SA & Brazil), we took an unpprecedented number of calls ranging from new subscriber activations to reconnects. As a result, our call centre was extremely busy, which is why the hold time for customers trying to call in was high.

well I'm trying again to get through to the call centre and there is no big game on, but I've been on hold for 10mins already. Getting really tired of waiting for someone to pick up the phone!