Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Faulty Drifta after firmware upgrade...
Old 2013-08-20 , 17:58
Still listens to the wireless

Default Faulty Drifta after firmware upgrade...

Hi everyone,

I took over my friends Drifta when he got a Walka and was very keen to get it up and running on my iPad last night.

It hadn't been used in ages so the battery was flat, so I stuck it on charge and the signal light flashed for a little bit and then went solid green. The wifi light also came on and stayed green.

I connected my iPad to the Drifta's "wifi network" and opened the Drifta app. They connected perfectly and a message popped up saying the Drifta need to upgrade the firmware. So thats what i did. I clicked Continue and at the end it said the device would turn off and reboot. Now this is where the problems stared! The battery light went red and stayed red. The signal light flashed green (fast) and thats all it every did.... The wifi light doesn't come on! You cannot turn the device off, you have to remove the battery to "turn it off". If I try do a device reset o factory settings, the lights go out and return to the exact same as before, solid battery light and flashing signal light, no wifi light.

I pulled the battery out over night and tried it again the morning and the same thing!

Can anyone help me please? I took it to Galactico this afternoon because thats what Multichoice suggested i do, but they looked at me as if i was crazy and didn't know what i was doing. They said they cannot test it as they don't have the facilities!!! Surely they not a Multichoice agent them if they cant do the work?!

Is there anyway i can force load new firmware of downgrade or something? Cos it seems since i did the firmware upgrade, thats when the device went batty!!!

Thanks in advance,

Finch_6
Old 2013-08-22 , 10:21
MultiChoice | DStv Mobile

This drifta behaviour is odd, have you tried using the drifta on a different location? Please PM me your contact details so we can talk.
Old 2013-08-22 , 20:20
Still listens to the wireless

Hi MC Sandile,

I ended up taking the device to Multicoice in Randburg and they replaced the unit. It was out of warranty but they replaced it anyway due to the fact that it became corrupted from the firmware update. The DStv Mobile guys were going to look at the old unit and get back to me with regard to what went wrong. Will post here once they have called me.

Finch_6
Old 2013-08-23 , 13:23
MultiChoice | DStv Mobile

Ok cool, glad it's sorted.
Old 2013-08-23 , 13:30
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch_6 View Post
They connected perfectly and a message popped up saying the Drifta need to upgrade the firmware. So thats what i did. I clicked Continue and at the end it said the device would turn off and reboot. ................

Finch_6

NEVER run a OSS or ANY software update on a device with battery that is not fully charged -----

It does not matter whether it is the latest S4 or a PC- you are tempting fate!
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Tags
drifta, firmware