Old 2017-08-11 , 09:59
Still gets up to change channels

Thanks for your feedback will forward your suggestion to our DStv Media Sales team.
Old 2017-08-11 , 10:07
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
Its the principle behind it... Today it's 30 seconds, tomorrow 33 secs, before you know it a whole 48 secs! Then we will start getting those side banner ads.

Just wait and see

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You do you that we have one of the lowest and shortest adverts worldwide right? In UK you have about 2 minutes of ads before programs and ads during the breaks even on demand/cu

So ads are just the way stuff works. We will eventually get more ads

Explora
Old 2017-08-11 , 10:08

As long as you can fast forward. Ads shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway this is my final words on this subject

Explora
Old 2017-08-11 , 13:57
Watches YouTube a lot!

@MCKenneth: Are those ads downloaded each time we view a CU+ item? Or, as I've made mention in a "wish list" post, are they stored locally and reused?
Old 2017-08-11 , 14:11
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgerm View Post
@MCKenneth: Are those ads downloaded each time we view a CU+ item? Or, as I've made mention in a "wish list" post, are they stored locally and reused?

They're sitting on CU platform and get activated when you tune to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2017-08-12 , 02:37
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
As Krugie said. It's only at the beginning and fast forwarding is the simplest thing to do. Those 30 seconds it takes to FF is a real killer right?!
Yes it is. It is a PREMIUM service ie. no ads should be there because I am paying money for the service. I could skip using the status bar and ff button but now they've hard coded it that it doesn't work because ff means that even the few seconds you take forces you to watch the ads to some degree. It is an on demand service now so please leave the ads for live TV. This is why many people turn to using vpn services or piracy as the content is easily available and ad free.
Old 2017-08-12 , 06:44
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKuZz View Post
Yes it is. It is a PREMIUM service ie. no ads should be there because I am paying money for the service. I could skip using the status bar and ff button but now they've hard coded it that it doesn't work because ff means that even the few seconds you take forces you to watch the ads to some degree. It is an on demand service now so please leave the ads for live TV. This is why many people turn to using vpn services or piracy as the content is easily available and ad free.
Preach!

Old 2017-08-12 , 09:23

I don't believe Premium (or On Demand) equates to no ads anywhere. You just need to look at similar services in other countries. We are coming off very lightly here.

If you go to the movies - which is not that different from On Demand - you are bombarded with ads in the beginning - even though you pay a ridiculous price for a ticket nowadays.

Rather try and look at it from a different angle...the more ads there are, the smaller the subscription increases...
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-08-12 , 10:06
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
I don't believe Premium (or On Demand) equates to no ads anywhere. You just need to look at similar services in other countries. We are coming off very lightly here.

If you go to the movies - which is not that different from On Demand - you are bombarded with ads in the beginning - even though you pay a ridiculous price for a ticket nowadays.

Rather try and look at it from a different angle...the more ads there are, the smaller the subscription increases...
That's where the oxymoron is, come April you are definitely getting an increase. It's become more a principle than anything else and a selling point for Price Lock

Old 2017-08-12 , 12:19
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post

I think you need to take the rose tinted glasses off. I've been avoiding cinemas not because of the ticket prices but because of the cost of popcorn and drinks which are stale most times. The ads are just a way of collecting additional revenue and I don't have a problem with them on live TV (especially sport) but when it's on catch up it's a diff story as I expect (demand) that it's ad free.

There is no other service like dstv in SA that you can make a side by side comparison because of the Monopoly they've built over time. To say that fees will go up if they don't do ads is also foolish. Look at showmax (same company and another revenue stream using the exploited licenses) which they charge R99 for multiple device use with loads of content and ad free where we pay R800 for one device. It's all about the $$$ and exploiting us consumers and like I said earlier it's driving a wedge for us consumers and pushing us in the direction of alternate means.

Simply put, the mods need to take the comments to their research teams and make the customer happy to ensure a sustainable business well into the future.